Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to enclose a youtube link in a thread...
Hi all. So, I was trying to enclose a Youtube link on my Facebook account. I went to the youtube clip I wanted to share, and clicked on the 'f' icon underneath the screen but the facebook post only showed the clickable link and title, not the video box. So what did I do wrong? How should I do it next time so that the video box is included in the post? Thanks, Greg

Hi Greg

Have you connected all your accounts?
It should have worked.

gregs317 Wrote:Hi all. So, I was trying to enclose a Youtube link on my Facebook account. I went to the youtube clip I wanted to share, and clicked on the 'f' icon underneath the screen but the facebook post only showed the clickable link and title, not the video box. So what did I do wrong? How should I do it next time so that the video box is included in the post? Thanks, Greg

Facebook is not the most reliable of sites, I have found, and it also depends on which browser you use. In IE things don't work very well with FB, so I generally go to Firefox to get better links and services. It could just be that the box is there for others to see, but it's not appearing on your page because of your browser. Try another browser?

One of the examples I would take of it not working very well with IE is that I can't delete a comment very easily in IE, but with Firefox, I can generally do it without any problem.

Second solution, if that wasn't the problem: you can click on the share button under the YouTube box and copy the URL link, then just post it to your Facebook account. It'll probably find the box to publish in your page.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/98H6o70JjDU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/98H6o70JjDU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well, I can't seem to figure it out - yet. Hopefully this link will work, if anyone wants to check out the link.