Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get in touch with my 'other' me
Jace Wrote:First of all, be careful. The scene in Amsterdam isn't always what it seems. Stick to the more reputable gay clubs like Amsto 54 or Café Mandjo. And if you're wandering around the "red light" district, DO NOT bring a camera. You'll see "No Photographs" signs everywhere, and some of the more aggressive locals take exception to tourists even carrying cameras.
I'm not sure what you mean about wearing different clothes and acting differently. Do you mean like going out in drag? There are a lot of clubs that are specifically for drag, but it's not always wise to do it in a mainstream gay club there. Or did you just mean being a little camp? I would ordinarily agree to what everyone is saying, be yourself - but the gay tourist scene there is pure fantasy, so a little experimentation isn't so bad.
Have a great trip and have fun!

I agree with Jace, as long as you're not insulting anyone and are genuinely experimenting, I don't see the harm in doing a little bit of curious exploration into that side of your nature.

If you go to a gay sauna in Amsterdam, all you would wear is a towel!

keep being comfortable with yourself, that's the key Smile

Have fun. And PLAY SAFE!!!!

I answered this question in depth on my blog. But to offer one of the numerous tips I gave, try making some gay friends, you'll be much more comfortable in your own skin.

LJay Wrote:Uh, I dunno about this.

It sounds like you are planning to go somewhere unfamiliar, do something strange and get mugged.

Iceblink Wrote:I get the feeling you have this idea if you 'gay it up', which you seem to take as acting less masculine, it will make it easier for you to get lucky.

Not at all. I never talked about looking feminine, or that my intention was to "do something strange". Just have a normal tourist day with a little different look, and showing some parts of my personality that I don't usually let out. Notice that I'm not talking about tyring to be someone else: it's showing a part that I recognise as mine. So I'm definitely trying to "just be myself. And it's just an experiment, it's not like I'm gonna be acting like this for the rest of my life if I discover it's not myself, just to try to fit the 'gay' mold.

TheGayGrotto Wrote:I answered this question in depth on my blog. But to offer one of the numerous tips I gave, try making some gay friends, you'll be much more comfortable in your own skin.

I think you are absolutely right. I actually hope I can achieve that arounds these forums Smile

Anyway, thanks everyone for the feedback, it's always helpful to hear differente voices about a subject.