Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get rich very quickly
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/ex-hedge...-per-pill/

This is in the USA, in the UK this pill is available for about 65 pence.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

this is when a government should be able to step in and stop the extortionate rise of medicine prices and exploitation of patients like this areshole featured in the article is doing - as for saying he is using his ill gotten profits back into making the drug safer with less side effects !!! its a 62 year old drug that's been readily available for $1 - its probably as safe as any drug out their ......he's exploiting illness and deserves a bullet to the head

Quote:......and deserves a bullet to the head

With the exception of that I agree with what you say, I just don't believe in gratuitous violence,

LONDONER Wrote:With the exception of that I agree with what you say, I just don't believe in gratuitous violence,

yeah ,,maybe over the top comment - but reading that article just makes me mad, im sure people will say its a free market and he can do what he wants....but to be allowed to purchase a drug then mark up the price by over 5,500 % and legally be allowed to do it is so wrong - thank god we have the NHS

Yeah this is disgusting. There really should be something that can be done to fire this guy.

He has also made a similar move with a drug used to treat a kidney disease that develops in youngsters, has no cure and requires them to be on the drug for life. He raised the cost by 20 times.

Despite his slick talk it appears that he is just trying to cover his market losses. What a jerk.
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:He has also made a similar move with a drug used to treat a kidney disease that develops in youngsters, has no cure and requires them to be on the drug for life. He raised the cost by 20 times.

Despite his slick talk it appears that he is just trying to cover his market losses. What a jerk.

This is deliberate and calculating making money at the cost of the misery of others and is the uglietsty side of capitalism. In this life or in any other he will eventually get his comeuppance. I heard on the news this morning that the uproar has been so great that he has agreed to lower the price to something "more affordable". What he means by "more affordable" is yet to be announced.

over in Europe at the moment our governments are up in arm about people smugglers exploiting migrants for profit and how to stop their trade - I realised the only difference between this guy and his company is the government are getting a cut of the profits and will happily turn a blind eye to his seedy money making scam - he pays taxes and what government is going to interfere with that as long as they make cash too !!!