unwelcome guests

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

May draw some of them back

My thinking too, PAlbert... lol. :biggrin:
Thanks for the joke, Londoner.

True story.

I was splitting firewood in the basement and when I went to the door, I was still carrying the axe.

The poor Jehovah's Witness team absolutely fled back to the car after saying that they didn't want to trouble me.....(I did tell them that I was splitting wood in the basement which is why it took me so long to get to the door ....and I was carrying it because I figured I'd take it out to the shed to sharpen it. )

And they've never been back. hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Next time, I'll just go to the door nekkid. Of course, who knows...that might be scarier.

Roomie went to the door naked once and it only stopped them for a while.
I bid NO Trump!

I had some Jehovah Witnesses come to my door and offer to give me one of their magazines. I offered to make them a deal. I'd read theirs if they'd read mine. "What religion are you?" they asked. I told them I followed no religion and had a direct relationship with the Divine, and that I wrote about it, just give me a few minutes to print it off the computer. That made them a little uncomfortable.

Then the lead woman told me that they'd come to my house to offer me this magazine, and if I wanted her to take my magazine I'd have to come to her house. I asked her where she lived. It was way over on the other side of the valley, a half hour's drive one way. I told her that was too far, so no deal. We said our goodbyes and they left with their magazine.

I was actually a little disappointed. My little writings could have saved them!

I have relatives who are JWs.

They don't celebrate Christmas don't cha know, but they do have one hell of an aesthetic:

[Image: picture1np7.png]

I had a JW employee for a while. She would try to bring her religious beliefs into every conversation. It was tiresome. She would take her children out of school on Halloween so they wouldn't be able to participate in such terrible things as dressing up in costume and eating candy.

To me one of their strangest beliefs is that they must refuse blood transfusions. If they go in for surgery they do not allow doctors to perform blood transfusions even when medically necessary. If they die it's their God's will. This belief is based on some text in the old testament.

LONDONER Wrote:unwelcome guests

My ex and I did this in boxers. Didn't want to get arrested but it did work.

Camfer Wrote:I had a JW employee for a while. She would try to bring her religious beliefs into every conversation. It was tiresome. She would take her children out of school on Halloween so they wouldn't be able to participate in such terrible things as dressing up in costume and eating candy.

To me one of their strangest beliefs is that they must refuse blood transfusions. If they go in for surgery they do not allow doctors to perform blood transfusions even when medically necessary. If they die it's their God's will. This belief is based on some text in the old testament.

Truth. My BF's sister's MiL is one, and they had to guilt her into getting treated for cancer for her grandkids' sake.