Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to make Europeans angry? (Funny map)
MHJG Wrote:Hong Kong belongs to China. It's a sad fact.
We prefer British Hong Kong, though.
(Please don't report my comment to China government, or I will be forced to commit suicide) lol

As a not-so-Hong Kong Hong Konger, I would prefer independence - neither The Communist Party nor Britain.

I laughed when 林鄭 got the place with 777 votes lol. The God's will.

RomanticMan Wrote:Really? I thought Hong Kong was a different country for long time. Also, I thought you belonged to Britain.

I think I need another research about Asian countries Big Grin Appearenty, I know nothing about them Sad.

Officially we are a special administrative region with our own passport (with the word China in behind) and government. And for many forms etc, when we fill that in, we choose Hong Kong instead of China because so many policies and procedures are just different. So, we are but also are not part of China. Complicated.

I really feel frustrated when people ask me where do I come from. Some people don't understand and would think I'm bragging about my origin (they perceive HK as a metropolitan stuffed with cool people, duh). Some have the same perception and expect me to be a super chic person; and some would be confused and ask if Hong Kong is part of China, or Britain, or even Japan.

And not even mention the problems with politics. So when addressing origins, I 'd usually just say Chinese, by ethnicity.

seeking Wrote:As a not-so-Hong Kong Hong Konger, I would prefer independence - neither The Communist Party nor Britain.

I laughed when 林鄭 got the place with 777 votes lol. The God's will.

Not surprisingly, she won the election. Despite her stance on public and political affairs, I believe she is a great leader.

HK independence is nearly unachievable. Anyway, I'm finding my way leaving Hong Kong. Why not choose a life I want instead of arguing and enduring endlessly about something unchangeable.

Nothing about Albania? Sad.

Pshtaif Wrote:Nothing about Albania? Sad.

I tried to make up on my mind but I couldnt find anything to say.

Good news! Another perfect country after Switzerland Tongue