Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to meet (ACTUAL) masculine men?
I think you're better off focusing on activities and common interests and seeing who clicks with you when you're *doing* something together. Look at something like meetup.com more than the dating sites.

On the dating sites, sure, be more selective. Look at your profile critically and make sure it attracts by stating what you *do* want rather than stating what you don't want. If you say you want guys who play football, lift weights, and competitive wrestling, fine. If you say no fats or femmes, or some variation thereof, then you look like a total jerk and will turn off guys who might even like to do what you like to do.

I didn't understand the sentence where you say, "There's no way I'm going up to every masculine guy and hitting on him, I'm not in the closet." Not sure the link up between hitting on guys and if you are or aren't in the closet. Clearly it's much easier to meet guys if you're open about who you are.

Masculinity is a social construct. Life has a way of surprising you. I've met totally ripped muscle studs who the minute they open their mouths it's the most feminine voice you can imagine. I've gone camping with drag queens who chop wood, live off the grid in houses they build themselves, raise and butcher their own animals. You tell me which is more masculine. I have no idea.

You're 19 and have a ton of new experiences ahead of you. A great place to be. Be careful not to close yourself off from the unexpected too much. Not one of my most successful relationships has ever been with someone who fit my image of who my boyfriend would be. When you find yourself with someone you never expected you'd like, then you can have a good laugh at your preconceived notions of who is right for you.

Just keep putting yourself out there. If you've got the goods, they'll come knocking.

Lex

If masculine is the primary screen you use for determining suitability for dating...I would agree with the advice about spending your time in the gym or doing things and less on quizzing guys online.

If you are masculine enough and are the kind of guy that other guys would like to date (or just fuck)...they'll find you.

Your profile says you are a single gay male but your post says you are bisexual but mostly interested in males. Does that mean you want sex with guys but want to settle down and marry a girl some day?
Just because you are not in the closet doesn't mean you are completely accepting of yourself. What do you think when you see gay guys who are not masculine? Are you embarrassed or ashamed by them?