Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to pose myself on the dating site?
Just be real... Focus on what you want when you enter a conversation on the site, if you want a hook up then chat like that, if you want a Long term thing then chat like that...Guys will get the idea...

I agree with some of the comments above, that its important to choose the site you are on

Enjoy

AmJ

I just really find the best way is to be myself. I am on a few dating / chat sites for Gay men (mostly bear sites), and I have actually met a few dateable guys, as well as some really strong friendships.

I met a very close friend of mine (we became actually quite closer, short of an official relationship) through one site, and it was sparked from a chat, where we were located, flipping on the cams and showing our faces, and now it has ultimately led to me moving in with him as roommates.

I also have been suprised and intrigued by some people on these sites. You see these guys that, in your mind, are so picture perfect physically. And they choose ME to talk to - a big bearish type. Not to sound negative on myself, but I just don't see how the connection works with that. But this one guy goes out of his way to message me on a daily basis, has been charming me non-stop, and quite honestly, I have been playing the 'hard to get card' (just not in the mode to really focus on a relationship right now), and so I have been chatting with this guy and seeing where he is at, really. He really wants to get me to meet him face to face too, so we'll see how that goes.

Long story short: how you present yourself online (and it really should contrast to your real-life persona if you care to get anywhere with a decent / stable guy) will net you the result you see.

Why wouldn't it be appropriate, or a good start to the conversation to talk about IT? Of course you must try not to bore a person with a conversation that they don't enjoy, but that can be checked with simple remarks such as " I hope I'm not boring you." I think often it is easier to start with a piece of information about yourself which may lead to a similar interest in the other person's tastes, or actions, or ideas etc... Example: " I cooked a great meal of turnips and Baked beans, for myself (the menu here is not necessarily my choice, lol) ... Do you like these foods? Do you cook for yourself?" or "I saw a movie about the Cuban revolution. Have you ever been to Cuba? " If the answer is NO, then you won't be able to pursue that idea, probably. You can give a little more information about the subject before starting another one from another piece of information. If you get a positive answer then you can continue in that vein, see what else applies to that sphere of conversation...