Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to say "no" to rude/offensive offers
Online: the same thing I do with 'Join my random not interesting spam group on Facebook', ignoring them or saying something like I'm not interested, I'm busy (lol)...
In real life, the same.

Flat out "NO" and "Goodbye"

Bad manners are ignored. At work I don't even start a transaction until a customer replies to my reeting. I know they like to walk in and just silently stick a $50 note in my hand, but I like a 'hello' a 'well thank you' followed by what they actually intend paying for as I am not a mind reader.

Cold callers I generally just ignore and walk away/hang up the phone.

I did spend over 20 minutes on the phone with one of those 'We have detected that your PC has a virus' type phone calls. I listened to all his instruction did exactly what he asked and then he came to the Credit Card details I gave him incorrect details so he questioned me. That is when I asked him what exactly did he see in my computer, what operating system, he told me with all the authority he could muster 'Windows Vista and you should upgrade.' and I politely informed him that only use Linux OSs...the line went silent.

Mormons are always fun as are Adventists, if I am in the mood...there is nothing more rude than knocking on someones door and shoving your beliefs down their throat. If I want to be a mormon or adventist, I would find one of their churches and join up...how good is an organisation that has to beg for members?

I've never had such thing happen online..

I person it's 2 second of an indifferent stare and walk away while they're still talking

I've known a couple of people to really go out of their way to fuck with the minds of these types of rude/offensive people.

Here's an example (lets say this is in a supposed "friends only" chat room):

Guy1: Hi, I read your bio, your seem hot.

Guy2: Thanks I guess.

Guy1: Did you look at my bio?

Guy2: Just now.

Guy1: What do you think?

Guy2: Really cant say at this point.

Guy1: Well, I think you're hot and deserve my dick up your ass.

Guy2: Really? That might be workable, but I have to check with the Dungeon Master first.

Guy1: Who's that? Are you into kink?

Guy2: No, he's our leader.

Guy1: Your leader? Are you in the army or something?

Guy2: No, he's our sect leader in our faith group.

Guy1: Oh, so you are religious? Thats interesting that a religious leader would give you permission for sex.

Guy2: Well, he has to initiate anyone who wants to breed with the flock.

Guy1: What does that mean exactly?

Guy2: We meet, if I like you, I take you to my leader. If he deems you worthy, he will initiate you, and we can have sex.

Guy1: What is this initiation?

Guy2: You have to drink snakes blood, be branded with Satans star, and offer a sample of your scrotum to Beelzebub.

((silence))

Guy2: Hello?

((silence))

Guy2: Are you there?

*Guy1 has logged off*

I usually end up ignoring the rude ones. If they become persistent, well, they should let sleeping dogs lay. I have no problem telling people like that where the bear shits in the buckwheat.

Keep in mind that many rude and offensive people do not see themselves that way, would be shocked to be told that they are and wouldn't believe it. These people believe that what they're saying is "constructive critcism" no matter how crudely it's worded. They don't go away because they are the desperate who must find a "come hither" in every" go away". Having been rejected in general in "real'" life, they've now inflicted themselves on the internet where chances of their being rejected are diminished by the fact that all they can read are words that are without force or meaning. One might say, "Look, idiot, I'm having my guy who also works muscle in collections for me drop by and break your face". But he won't believe it as they'll know it's not possible. The oft given advice of ignoring them does remain the best...however ineffective it probably is. Or you could do some hacking, find out where they are and, if you have access to some, send your muscle around to break their fingers. That'll keep them off the internet.

I think ignoring someone is the worst form of punishment you can dish out to anyone.

On the other hand sometimes the more you say the more of a hole you can dig for yourself.

I try the polite rejection and usually the hint is taken but if that doesn't work I tell them out straight. At least then it leaves them under no illusions.

I guess i am quite kind...

Cause in person i would still smile showing him/her a hand signal that i dont like the offer or to talk to him

Online? Just ignore...

Well, I must be lucky. No one ever really notices me enough to say anything good or bad to me, so I don't really have to deal with it.