Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to start a conversation with a stranger?
Hello,

So it is Thursday morning over here and right now I am going to school, and today I had set myself the goal of talking to that one guy who I had noticed recently at my high school. He seems really cute and by the few things I know about him, I can conclude that he is a really nice person. The problem however is that we do not have any activities or classes together, we don't know each other and we don't have any common friends, so if I am to talk to him, I will be without any background or reason why I approach him, and I fear that that is a bit creepy. But I really want to talk to him and ask him out tomorrow to the new James Bond movie, so can you please give me an advice on how to approach him and what to say without sounding like a creep and scaring him, which will be really bad Big Grin

Thank you very, very much in advance, and I will keep you posted Wink

P.s. he is 16 years old, sorry that I forgot to put it in the text

Grab a basketball and ask him if would like to shoot some hoops.

Be brave, introduce yourself, compliment him, have a chat.

Take 10 minutes out of your life to do something that you wouldn't normally do and you may get a great suprise, the worst that could happen is he could say no, the best thing that could happen is???

But what a disaster 10 years down the track you think back and wonder 'What if I had been brave for just 10 minutes of my life and said 'hello' to him.'

If he's nice you could say something about yourself or your day and then ask him something so he can share, too. From there maybe you can mention that movie and asks if he's gonna see it (and if he already has then if it's any good). Beyond that, I'm not sure, I play it by ear. But if you can manage to get behind him in the lunch line then that might be a good time to do that.

That some really cool ideas, thank you sooo much Smile just keep your fingers crossed and I will try to do my best at the lunch break..

fingers are crossd for you Wink

Say, 'Hi! Fancy a f..k!' Works for me. Sheep

writerken Wrote:Say, 'Hi! Fancy a f..k!' Works for me. Sheep
****Palm face****

Once again, thank you both for the support and the advices, but it looks like that boy wasn't at school, which kind of sucks, but I will keep my hopes up for tomorrow Smile

dfiant Wrote:Be brave, introduce yourself, compliment him, have a chat.

Take 10 minutes out of your life to do something that you wouldn't normally do and you may get a great suprise, the worst that could happen is he could say no, the best thing that could happen is???

But what a disaster 10 years down the track you think back and wonder 'What if I had been brave for just 10 minutes of my life and said 'hello' to him.'

Could someone kindly explain to me how to do that? Because I am nearly deathly afraid of talking to a stranger. I seriously want to make new friends outside of my classmates / coworkers world. I literally DON'T have the number of a stranger I met in person who I became friends with. I have a handful of Facebook friends that were created because of... I don't even remember how. One of them literally told me that we should end the friendship because he wanted to meet me in person and hang out, but I kept blowing him off and was scared to, even answering me if he was an axe murderer, which he isn't.