Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to start a gay singles group...ideas?
Hi everyone,
So I'm really wanting to start a gay singles group, mostly because the city I live in doesn't have any that I've found, and it's very frustrating for me to have very few dating resources, so it must be frustrating for others, too! And I'm thinking about making the target crowd the twenty-something, college-aged crowd. I thought I might promote it at the university I attend (it's very open-minded.) However, I don't want to attract guys/girls who are just there looking for sex/one night stands, I want to attract those who are truly seeking love/a relationship. Any advice on how to go about doing this?
Like I said, it would be great if it could be targeted to those of college-age. I thought we could do social events, like going out for drinks, dinner, movie nights, etc.
Ideas? Comments? I just really have no idea how to go about organizing such a thing, so any advice or help is appreciated!
Matt

It is inevitable to have some of those that seek only sex, but once they see the purpose of the group they will probably leave or change their attitude. :] Good luck!

It's funny that I lived in KC for years and finally left because I thought the town was so cliquish. I either had total stalkers, or people who never called back. Build and they will come. Organize, promote, announce, schedule, and something will happen. Throw in a quarterly newsletter and you have a real singles club.

Well I attend a queer youth group/support group and there is like hardly anyone that comes just for hook ups and such. I'm one of the few guys that go and most of the people go cos I found them and got them to go. And also most people are chicks! I think it is often males that are just after sex. Like at the university queer group it is a lot like that i think.

Triangle1 Wrote:It's funny that I lived in KC for years and finally left because I thought the town was so cliquish. I either had total stalkers, or people who never called back. Build and they will come. Organize, promote, announce, schedule, and something will happen. Throw in a quarterly newsletter and you have a real singles club.

Hey, I just moved here, and I'm finding the same thing to be true in my experience! It's ridiculous, but I've got to make the best of it, seeing how I'm stuck here for another 2 years while I finish school. Cool But, I do like it here, because I'm originally from Springfield, MO, and it's MUCH worse down there! So this isn't so bad, comparitively speaking... :biggrin:

i guess all i could suggest is to google the requirments you need to start such a club/singles site.
you may need to pay to do it so maybe donations and things like that are needed.
good idea though. let us know how you get on.
i will try find something and post a link later on.

start something you enjoy doing,maybe dinner out/in,some kind of sport ,gay newpaper etc anything you enjoy but make it gays only,can't see it being that hard to start but getting the numbers will be the tricky part.

OMG Gay rugby hahaha. Rugby is already gay!

joshyboi Wrote:OMG Gay rugby hahaha. Rugby is already gay!

I would be on the bottom in that scrum.

Wouldn't wrestling be a better choice? :biggrin: