Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to stop being scared
I'm so scared of my neighours finding out I'm gay, what should I do? Am I worried of nothing xx

hmmm i dont think you should be worried about them because they're not your problems and you dont have to deal with them plus you just should not tell them

I'm not telling them but they are working it out them selfs lol..

hmmmmm one of them is a friend on facebook x

Are you out of the closet at all, to a few people, or nobody? I don't really know how to help you except tell you that you should never be afraid to be yourself, and never apologize for it. I wish I had told my 18 year old self that lol. Unless you feel that they would physically threaten and harass you, don't worry about it. And if they would, the police and domestic violence centers should be able to help you if worse comes to worse. Hang in there Confusedmile:

I think you will find most people are too busy getting on with their own lives and dealing with those problems rather than worrying whether the guy next door is gay or not. Relax!

Yosuke thanks you are right, I think the people who are working it out are nice people so they wont say anythink I hope.

btw Im not in the closet anymore..

Yosuke Wrote:... Unless you feel that they would physically threaten and harass you, don't worry about it. And if they would, the police and domestic violence centers should be able to help you if worse comes to worse. Hang in there Confusedmile:
The police may indeed help, but they will be unlikely to be on hand at the moment of greatest need. Do what you need to keep yourself safe, but if safety isn't an issue, be you and don't apologise to anyone for who you are.

I'm afraid I've forgotten why it is a problem for your neighbours to know that you are gay, sweetlad. I don't think I see my neighbours often enough for them to give a toss ... although I'm pretty sure I've brought up the salient points in conversations.

Sweetlad,

I offer your a quote.

Quote:We would not worry nearly so much about what people think of us, if we realised how seldom they do.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

I recently moved into duplex on top of some shops downtown and I have 3 neighbors. Put gay stickers on your car. maybe a flag in the window.. I donno where you live but It worked like a charm for me and all my neighbors know im gay and I hang out with one of them frequently now..

What kind of people are they? Don't be afraid to be yourself but you still need to protect yourself as well!