Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to survive the weekend?
Okay the title sounds quite silly and its probably a childish problem, but I could really use some fresh ideas.
As I wrote on the introduction page I am living in the Netherlands (where I still am for Christmas break), but I study in the UK and I'm going back there tomorrow.
I'm not good at making friends but I found a guy I loved being around with and we became best friends, as far as that's possible in such a short time and apparently it isn't possible because a few days ago things happened and he told me he won't be my friend anymore. It hurts a lot but I'll accept his decision. But now what do I do?
I made a plan to busy myself and to meet new people, but all that studying and sports won't start until Monday. My flatmates are very rude and there is one neighbour I sometimes hang out with, but he won't come back until Saturday and he has so many friends I don't want to bother him too much or be clingy. I can't go to the bar I always went to, because that "ex-friend" has been spreading rumours I really am not ready to face right now.

I know its just a few days but because of everything that's happened I'm just scared of loneliness, especially right after my flight because I always get quite depressed having to say goodbye to my horses here.
I feel like a 14 year old girl writing down all this but I hope someone has an idea of how I can distract myself from everything.

So go someplace different.

Hit the galleries or museums...or a new coffee shop. For heaven's sakes....even just go and explore an area you've never spent much time in.

Have you had any counseling for your depression and social anxiety, btw????

Rareboy Wrote:Have you had any counseling for your depression and social anxiety, btw????

If you haven't, you need to get that started right away, it will do you a world of good.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I've been told that before a couple of times in the past years yeah, never dared actually going but I guess you're right, I should probably just do it.

Try going somewhere by yourself even if you go some place to people watch. Don't stay home all weekend and don't fall into the trap of self pity.
It sounds like you have some fears. Maybe the best thing to do is face them head on. Maybe walk into that bar you fear with your head held high, even if you don't stay that long. Don't let others have so much power over you and certainly don't give it to them.

I'd look into some treatment for the depression and anxiety. It sounds in a way you've been medicating the issue with certain people which then creates a dependence on those people. When they're not around it'll be 25x worse (like you mentioned, you're worried about the weekend).

BrianNorth Wrote:I'd look into some treatment for the depression and anxiety. It sounds in a way you've been medicating the issue with certain people which then creates a dependence on those people. When they're not around it'll be 25x worse (like you mentioned, you're worried about the weekend).

Wow I've never looked at it that way, but it makes so much sense! Thank you

Cinestry Wrote:Wow I've never looked at it that way, but it makes so much sense! Thank you

I've got the anxiety side of things too Smile. I often had people that would help it but gosh when they weren't around it'd be BADDDD. I've never done therapy but I've managed to mostly control it.

Care to share how you managed to do that? Smile

Cinestry Wrote:Care to share how you managed to do that? Smile

I've actually got a video going up Monday covering it Smile. But I can give the cliffnotes. I find I can't handle caffeine. I'm a HUGE coffee drinker but anytime I do I have nothing but crazy anxiety. I've kicked all caffeine probably more then 10x in my life but eventually go back. I'm swearing off it this time.

General multivitamin that would be ideally high in B vitamins. Lots and lots of sleep. Stable relationships/friendships where possible.