Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jurassic Park: the home version
Hello everyone, I haven't been around in a while and a lot has changed for me. My boyfriend and I got an apartment together and we know have our first house and are engaged.

I live in NJ still but in a more rural environment then one generally associates with the state.

My unfinished basement was like Jurassic Park when we got here a few months back. The cave crickets and huge spiders are gone, but some prehistoric creatures still pop up.

I removed a large black rat snake a few months back. It was sitting on a mousetrap....I assumed it smelled the old mouse and that drew him near.

Last weekend I found 2 more...I will post the 2 clips of me removing them (if I can figure out how to do that)

My fiance took the videos....(I will post the thread then try to add the videos. I'm not tech savy!

reaper Wrote:I removed a large black rat snake a few months back. It was sitting on a mousetrap....I assumed it smelled the old mouse and that drew him near.

We're presuming that they are a non-poisonous variety and that they just eat rats. Could be useful to have them if you have a rodent problem.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:We're presuming that they are a non-poisonous variety and that they just eat rats. Could be useful to have them if you have a rodent problem.

Yeah, they eat mice and small rats. They are also nonpoisionous. I have caught a few mice down their. I'm going to set a bunch of traps and see what happens. If their are no mice their should be no snakes.

I would have to move house , no way im messing with or house sharing with a snake so big....
Did you just put it out in the garden too ????? What if it wants back in ??? - thank the lord I live in the UK

Happy to hear that things are going well for you two. Congratulations!

I miss your stories from the den. Have you quit the leathers for good or ...?
Oh and if that's none of my business, then nevermind.

Yay welcome back [MENTION=21734]reaper[/MENTION]!

Aww poor snake fell twice. If the rat snakes keep up, you might need to invest in a real hook and a trash can with a lid!

Also, It might be fun to make your basement look like viperkeeper's, but maybe the fiance would disagree with me:

Cuddly Wrote:Happy to hear that things are going well for you two. Congratulations!

I miss your stories from the den. Have you quit the leathers for good or ...?
Oh and if that's none of my business, then nevermind.

Thanks. Yeah my club days are long past. I came in a little wild, but I'm domesticated now. Haha. I have a house, 2 dogs, and a fiance.

So I've discovered the entry point in the basement and will fix it today. I also set a bunch of mousetraps down their just in case. I set 6 of them yesterday, this morning I had no mice. My bf will be much happier once I fix the situation and his parents will as well. They are not nature people.

reaper Wrote:Thanks. Yeah my club days are long past. I came in a little wild, but I'm domesticated now. Haha. I have a house, 2 dogs, and a fiance.

Congrats on that, Reaper!

now, good luck with the snakes!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!