Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How trolls are ruining the Internet
This is a long and interesting article. Thankfully GS has so far at least, been free of this trend.

http://time.com/4457110/internet-trolls/
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

im the official gayspeak forum troll and if anyone wants to take it from me they'll have to FIGHT ME

I used to be a forum troll.
Me and my friends on the first forum/community I was on turned into trolls.
There used to be this norwegian web community called Nettby (webcity). Was pretty big, with almost or over 2 million users.
They had this group where people were supposed to discuss topic relating to the community, changes they wanted, errors and such.
We used it as our playground. Eventually most of us were thrown out of the group. They said it was a permaban from the group, but I managed to get a moderator to get us back in. After that we became good citizens Tongue

They had this news feed that was similar to the Facebook feed.
Me and one guy used to experiment with what was possible to get in there. We managed to embed youtube videos.
Then we experimented with other flash objects. I managed to put Bubble Shooter in there, and people could play it in there xD
When that happened, the news feed went down for awhile, and the devs fixed it. Couldn't post flash at all in there anymore.

Fun times, miss that community.
Shame the founder lost the court case against the previous community he was on. They said he had stolen their source code. Which was just half true. Anyone can copy the basic source code of a site.
But he changed most of it.
Previous community was just envious that his community was so popular, while theirs was shit.
Other community was called Blink. Which is also down.