Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How was 2008 for you?
So, was 2008 all it was cracked up to be for you. Just post a brief synopsis of how 2008 went and if you were happy with what happened, and perhaps what you are looking for in 2009.

For me:

I left my Masters program in Ontario.
I worked for two months before returning to New Brunswick in May.
I moved in with some university friends, and we all moved into another apartment.
I visited my family often.
The roommate situation fell to pieces.
I got a job at the Home Depot.
Finally moved into an apartment of my own at the end of December.

Well, I have to say that I was pretty disappointed with 2008. There was way too much moving around (by the end of December I had moved 3 times, one of them being half way across the country). When I had left my M.A., I intended to have a relaxing year to try to do things I hadn't been able to do while I was in school. Sadly this never really happened.

So, for 2009 I'm hoping to have to have a fun, relaxing year with as little stress as possible. To reconnect with old friends and make new ones. And maybe if I can pull up the courage, to perhaps let people know I'm gay. :biggrin:

Hello there,
Re-cap on 2008

January

In January i was working in worthing (east sussex - UK) as a Warden on street and had received a promotion as a Acting senior warden which was my ideal dream to progress... I also turned 23 on the 19th and was high in spirits... Towards the end of january i had my peugeot 206 '03 plate vandalised by mindless zombified people who didnt agree with my job..

In february i was stripped of my title over a shit stirring bitch who was pregant and blamed me for her car getting damaged. She played mind games and caused alot of out roar.. My world kinda collapsed a little but it didnt stop me getting a transpher back to Brighton and Hove (east sussex uk) where i am now working as a warden.. I also experienced a small win of £10 on the lottery for the first time which was fantastic... Well it was my first time and i had won £50 on scratchcards from a £1 card.. Also this month was the first completed year that me and my uncle havent spoken words since his comment about my boyfriend being a "nonse" because he is eight years older than me

March was a time for the joyful easter.. Never known so many bloody eggs come out from the wood work and cause mayhem... My boyfriend and me begin our hunt for his son who we knew was in folkstone (kent UK) so we begin our weekenderly visits to folkstone in hunt to find him.. Also march was a time for my boyfriend and me to start planning our dates and year ahead.. His old employer was wanting and demanding over payment money from us which i didnt bother with until december

In April 2008 once easter was out the way this month was the month i loved as work picked up in town and the udder belly festival was on in brighton (beleive it started around about now) The days were getting warmer and life was getting easier for me.. I still had a bad looking car.. I also had a fantastic time in leicester (leicestershire UK)with my boyfriend visiting family and going out for random drinks and nights out blowing the usual wage

In May came a month of boredom.. It wasnt that exciting just a random month like most too hot mind you with the odd week of sunshine but worth the whole wait of the week..

In June the car needed mild servicing and business driving a few drag acts around the country picked up. I was pulled over by the police for falling asleep at the wheel of my car and going through a red light but hey least i managed to call their bluff and avoid three points on my licence ( Didnt really fall asleep just didnt want to stop at a light at 0330 as i needed to get home to bed to be up and ready early next day

In July came the horrible weather non stop thunderstorms and a busy month on work side of things.. In July i also managed to help my boyfriend re trace his son.. He began communication with him and it was a sad chapter closed and re-0pened as a happy tale

In August was gay pride in Brighton (something i dont attend out of personal choice) It was the first one i can remember where it was miserable freezing and very windy.. My boyfriend celebrated with his friends and i chilled inside

In September was my partners first year at successfully completing a year service with the company we work for being his longest job in brighton which was good and gave me confidence in ordering a catalogue

In October we discovered that his son is a right gobshited lad and i spent alot of this month nursing a serious throat and chest infection which ment i couldnt make it up more than five steps without needing to pause for breath as i couldnt breathe.. Was bed bound for four days and decided to pack in smoking once and for all

In November came the cold dampness of winter... Great joy NOT.. Business died off and the town got its normality back which was good because i dont do tourists.. My television electrocuted me twice through dampness of the room and my computer blew up.. I ended up forking out a little to get it to go right and as for my television.. I figured if i set fire to the house so what its a shithole anyhow and i can easily move somewher else..

In December my computer died all together and i ended up buying a new one.. My boyfriends grandfather died just after christmas and new year and my new computer was being ordered.. My dogs had gone through a tempermental stage and being a bastard n bitch was something i didnt need.. Landlord not amused.. Well now trying to get my housing number to move out of this dive and into a more secure home with my OWN front door

So on the whole heres to 2009 may it be a good one all over again with plenty of things to mark the 9th year completed since 2000

Kindest regards

zeon xx

2008....It came it went...forgettin it already!

*Will post my 'round robin' on here when I can find it*

Was a pretty good summary of last year, beats trying to summarise again from scratch. Watch this space, gentlemen...

OK, Let me try an overview... please forgive if I forget anything or anyone as it sometimes is difficult to remember why I stood up sometimes Elefant

The beginning of the year brought me one of the most fortunate event in about four years. I was offered a little house which was a godsend as I very well might have ended my life due to a lingering health issue and living with my insane elderly parents. *mostly an insane mother...

I kept very busy cleaning this little house until the papers were signed and monies exchanged. Moving in was rather hectic as it coincided with installation of dsl/sat and the first large snow storm of 2008 winter... but I had a wonderful sleep that nite in my new little house.

I started spending a bit more time at GS and found a new home here. I had been a long time member at another large site but it went down for a week... A bit before GS I kinda became infatuated with someone at the other site and then asked myself what was I doing??? I realized how silly it all was and built up walls to protect myself. I mean, honestly, my health is crap, I have a long distance long term love in Japan and did I really need a virtual relationship with someone who knew I existed but had no idea how I felt...

A lovely member here started PMing me during the summer... Well, it took him a month to tear down my walls and we declared our love for one another with plans for him to visit as soon as he could. For four months we were on messenger five hours a day minimum, ever day! Often over 7 hours/day and sometimes 12 hour marathons. We were lovestoned! His love started healing me. It really was a miracle. He told me that God had told him to heal me so that I could heal him. I had gone from mandatory sleeping of 12 to 15 hours/day to 5 to 7 hours/day... It really was amazing the changes I was going thru. A psychic healer told me that I had met my twin mate and it was very lucky for us to find each other. We discussed EVERY detail of our future life. I guess we talked/chatted more hours than the usual married couple. We shared every intimate thought. He wanted to carry my child and we chose our sons name, fantasized how he would be raised, his education, the university he would go to... every detail of Leon Miliano. He asked me to marry him many times and of course I agreed. He said he was going to make it the most special day in our lives...

To be continued...

Phil! Wrote:2008....It came it went...forgettin it already!

I feeling the same as Phil, it went to fast to notice it lol!

2008 was as bad as 2007, sogood riddance to it and hello to 2009!

it was one my best years probs but also 1 my worst!!! pfft

2008 was a year of extremes for me. In the first part of the year I was in a sort of long term relationship with a female. I now realise that I was in complete denial of my sexuality for about six mounths and had a " I want to be straight so my friends and familly will accept me" head on. No one will ever underfstand the relief I felt when it was finally over. For a few mounths I tried to find a really good LGB website that wasnt sex obcessed and seemed to have some really excellent opinions on it. Step forward GS. I simply cannot put into words how much the website changed me as a person. I went from someone who had almost given up on feeling part of the Gay community, someone who lacks confidence, to someone who suddenly realised they had opinions. Also it gave me the opportunity to be more honest because of the anonymaty of the website. I know this might sound more like a GS testimonial than an analysis of 2008 but the website was an intrical part of last years experience. I am a radically different person in 2009 to what I was last year. And as allways change has been tough. Anyhow a big thank you to all who contribute to the website and heres to an excellent year ahead

Hell of a year sparky, no kidding that it was eventful.

Hoping for something calmer this year? Or loving ye old rollercoaster?

Heh

Ky xxx