Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How would you feel??? Just a question
i think the paralympics will get a great responce from the uk public because of the success of the olympics - i know there are still tickets available but its goin to be massivly attended compared to previous games just by the amout that have been bought already they announced on tv

Teox Wrote:I take it you won't be watching the paralympics.

I have worked with disability people in the past so I'm not a judgemental type.

I'm not judgemental it just skeeves me a bit, like some people have a thing about snakes or spiders, mine is people with bits and bobs missing. Maybe its a fear of me losing my bits, who knows but I physically can't bring myself to look at the stumps or bits missing.

TryingNewThing Wrote:you could also consider wearing a T-shirt with "Gentle Giant" printed on it Laugh2

Hahaha, maybe I should.

My friend has a hand similar to what you described...our love lives have kinda been on a similar path since we were teens and he has had a lover now for maybe 25 years or so...as have I....he has never really been lonely or had a shortage of men wanting to date him...

Of course I have no way of knowing but maybe his hand is not an issue at all? I know with my friend I didn't even notice his hand til many years after knowing him and I was apologizing to him because I felt embarrassed and he let me know that he liked that I didn't notice but he never thought about it because he didnt' consider his hand a disability at all....

...so my thought was maybe this guy is lonely for the same reasons so many other people are lonely versus his hand being an issue one way or the other? Just a thought I had.....

I have to agree with those who said "it's what's on the inside that matters." I have known several people over the years with either physical or mental disabilities and in general I'd say they are a lot more polite and more pleasent to be with than people without disabilities. Maybe because they realize it's the hand they've been dealt in life and they might as well make the best of it.