Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Howdee
Hello and welcome. Smile I'm also keen on some Scottish authors. Been going through an Iain Banks phase for a while.

Beaux Wrote:Hi and Welcome! Xyxwave Awesome! Another avid reader like me and we are the same age too! Woot Woot!

Cheers. Xyxwave

Yes, in the words of Cicero - A home without books is a body without soul

I'm planning to ignore the number on my next birthday :biggrin::biggrin:

Hi and WelcomeConfusedmile:

cry0s Wrote:Welcome Smile Sometimes there isn't anything better than allowing yourself to get completely enveloped in a story and setting aside one reality for another.

I agree, getting lost in other realities is far more interesting than housework :biggrin:

ManicLewis21 Wrote:hola. welcome to the site- enjoy your stay etc-etc-etc. Rolleyes

Thanks Confusedmile:

jamiebfd Wrote:Nice first post Smile
welcome to GS. not much of a bookworm myself. cant seem to concentrate when im reading. i read the first page and forget it all by the time im on the second lol
prefer to wait for the film Smile

Cheers Jamie

That's the secret of reading, you forget alot of the words and just have to lose yourself in the story as it unfolds in your mind; before you know it half the book is gone Confusedmile:

marshlander Wrote:Hello and welcome. Smile I'm also keen on some Scottish authors. Been going through an Iain Banks phase for a while.

Hi, thanks.

I read Consider Phlebas not that long ago but my favorite Iain Banks book so far was The Wasp Factory. Only read those two but have watched The Crow Road BBC adapation and the film of Complicity - both excellent. Must get round to actually reading them aswell!

fenris Wrote:Hi and WelcomeConfusedmile:

Hi Fenris, thanks for the welcome Confusedmile:

Bookworm Wrote:Hi, thanks.

I read Consider Phlebas not that long ago but my favorite Iain Banks book so far was The Wasp Factory. Only read those two but have watched The Crow Road BBC adapation and the film of Complicity - both excellent. Must get round to actually reading them aswell!
Crow Road is a wonderful read, although after the first hundred pages I had to go back over what I'd read and draw a family tree just so I could work out where everyone fitted into the plot. :redface:

marshlander Wrote:Crow Road is a wonderful read, although after the first hundred pages I had to go back over what I'd read and draw a family tree just so I could work out where everyone fitted into the plot. :redface:

Biggrina

The TV adaptation was slightly easier to follow; only just though.