Rate Thread
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Human dating poison? Is it me?
I hate dating! I did it a few times when I was younger, meeting people from personals ads etc, and I just found it a big waste of time. It's like finding a needle in a haystack, and then realizing two minutes into a date that you wish you were somewhere else... and I definitely relate to thinking there was some sort of connection on a date, only to have the other person disappear completely. We just never know what sort of fears, hangups etc the other person has that made them run off.

I like the idea of meeting someone who has a similar interest/hobby as you, or someone who shares the same faith as you. Are there other gay men at your church? I go to church too, unfortunately there aren't any other guys around my age I am interested in. I also really love the outdoors, hiking, camping etc, and I've been told I should join a gay men's outdoors group. That's a pretty good idea, but I haven't had to guts to put myself out there as of yet. Maybe you could do something similar.

Of all the people I know who seem to be in good, healthy relationships, most seem to have met through friends, or via similar passtimes/hobbies. I think the best thing to do is to network with your friends as best as you can. I've been trying to do that, I just haven't been exceedingly social the past few years so I think I've probably missed some chances.