Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man arrested because of..............donuts!
You couldn't really make it up:

http://jalopnik.com/florida-cops-arrest-...1784518992
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

So that's why their donuts are so damn good :O
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

Assuming the cops don't know about how often their roadside equipment doesn't work, I suppose I can't blame them for believing their own drug testing equipment over the man saying it was donut icing, but what I can't quite figure out is why they charged him with weapon possession ... when he was licensed to carry one.
If the police's instruments can't properly test drugs, they should either get more accurate ones, or at least not arrest and detain anyone until the more accurate crime lab determines what the substance truly is.
21% is a big number. More than one in five drug arrests wrongfully imprisoned for weeks, or forced to pay bail, until the crime lab results come in. Since the 1760s most rational people accepted Blackstone's formulation of it being better for ten guilty people walking free than one innocent suffering, yet now we have one in five innocents to guilty getting thrown in jail cells with murderers and rapists, over allegedly doing something not to other people but themselves, it's an abomination.