Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hungry Hungry Hippos
Anyone remember this game? It's a game where you choose from four hippos and you press a lever or something and you make the hippo eat as many marbles as possible. Whoever eats the most marbles wins. It's a really simplistic game.

I played this when I was a really young kid. I thought it was really fun.

I remember that one!

I remember Buckeroo. The object was to attach as many plastic tools etc to the saddle of a Mule before it bucked and threw the whole lot off. The winner was the person who managed to get more tools on the saddle.

There was also Downfall, where you set a steel ball bearing falling from a series of ramps in a tower while you built another tower of plastic counters/bricks. Once you built your tower as high as possible you pushed down a gate to stop the ball bearing demolishing your tower.

Downfall was a great game in my family until my brother swallowed the ball bearing and had to go to hospital. They said it would work its way out with no problems being smooth and spherical. I never got it back!

Monopoly, Scrabble, Connect Four, playing cards and draughts with sometimes a little Mousetrap and Cluedo thrown in were our favourites. Cluedo is still very much a favourite with PA's nephews and niece and we have to play it every time we visit.

Niiiice, marshlander! OK, so now I dub this the game thread. Laugh

I like games like Monopoly and some of the others you mentioned. Definitely Scrabble. My mom's cousin's late husband was really into Scrabble. He would play in Scrabble tournaments. Yeah, I only met the man once in my life. He was a computer dude as well. I know this, because he was over at one of my family reunions. He was on the computer back in 1993 or so.

Yup, I remember Hungry Hungry Hippos - it was a lot of fun to play. Some of my other favorites were Candyland, Clue, and Dutch Blitz.

i done that at cristmas we done games like cludo aswel i like puzzles like wordsarech.

Ready? aaaaaaaaaannd...

whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack ...haha I just love the lack of skill, it was brilliantly stupid.

you'd find small plastic spheres in the sofa for years to come ^_^

Haha! I think the plastic spheres were always in the Hungry Hungry Hippos box at my house.