Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hungry Like The Wolf
In honor of the many Wolves here...

Lykois are a relatively new breed of cat, commonly called the werewolf cat. The ethics of animal breeding aside (so not going there), Mark brought these guys to my attention knowing I'd love the breed.

Werewolf Cat Obsession

Stevei --- I wasn't really into cats until friends had to move from here and asked me to take their cats. Two 25 lb Maine Coon Cats. Now I'm stuck on them. They're totally unlike other cats I've been around. Door bell or a knock and they run to see who it is meowing until we let company in. They want all company to themselves and chase does away. Also they won't let dogs near me if I'm asleep in bed on couch etc. Babies and small kids are like a hypnotic drug for them and let dogs come near babies and it's time for fur to fly!

Thanks for the shoutout!

I think the Lykios are quite cute, at least as kittens. I wonder what their temperament is like?

As for Main Coon Cats, they are considered a wild animal in the UK (not native) and you need a special wild animals licence to keep one.

My BF wanted one. We have a ginger tom now Smile

OlderButWiser Wrote:I think the Lykios are quite cute, at least as kittens. I wonder what their temperament is like?

As for Main Coon Cats, they are considered a wild animal in the UK (not native) and you need a special wild animals licence to keep one.
Lykios are quite loving, docile, and love attention I'm told. You have to keep them indoor for warmth though, being partially hairless.

Weird to me (although I suppose necessary since they aren't native) that you have to have a license for Maine Coon's in the UK. Our first cat was a Maine Coon Mix who used to love licking my hair while I slept. I always woke up looking like Hitler without the 'stashe.
[Image: picture.php?albumid=1003&pictureid=6567]

Mark and I have always wanted a Savannah designated F1 (once step removed from the wild Serval cat it's bred from) for ages. Savannah's are bred from Serval cats and domestic Siamese cats. They're bigger (huge) ranging from 20 to 25 pounds, 16-18 inches tall, and 22-24 inches long for F1's. Several states in the US are starting to require licenses, mostly because their size intimidates the hell out of the general public.
[Image: picture.php?albumid=1003&pictureid=6713]

skWolf Wrote:Thanks for the shoutout!
Hey skWolf. I'd never forget you guys lest I become scrapes of meat for the last supper around here!
Quote:[COLOR="Navy"]In touch with the ground
I'm on the hunt I'm after you
A scent and a sound, I'm lost and I'm found
And I'm hungry like the wolf
Strut on a line, it's discord and rhyme
I howl and I whine, I'm after you
Mouth is alive, all running inside
And I'm hungry like the wolf
-Duran Duran[/COLOR]
.........................................................Kitty