Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurricane anyone?
No, not the drinking one, the wind and rain one.

Anyone here on the US east coast? As usual the predictions are crazy.

Hope everyone will be safe. Plan ahead.
I bid NO Trump!

Yes; just got back from the PNW, and everybody is freaking out! We have had a time of it recovering from Sandy, so I'm not exactly surprised. We have some gallon bottles of water and will make sure we have enough to eat for a few days in case there are lots of trees down. I ordered a solar and crank-able gizmo from the Red Cross that is a radio and phone charger. It'll be handy for camping too.

http://www.redcrossstore.org/Item/FRX3?CartIndex=0

Oh how I love mass panic! Like just calm the fuck down and use your brain. Get stuff to last for at least a week not a lifetime
I am the angles that hold and surround you

I am the demon you're afraid to meet

VirgoMasquerade Wrote:Oh how I love mass panic! Like just calm the fuck down and use your brain. Get stuff to last for at least a week not a lifetime

You got that right. Whenever it snows here (and keep in mind we rarely get more than a few inches) there is a mass run on milk and bread as if people won't be able to get out for days, when most of them could walk to a store if they had to.

That said, Sandy knocked the stuffing out of us so I think some gun-shyness is warranted.

Spider

Joaquin is giving the Bahamas a rather vicious beating at the moment, it's still up in the air (quite literally) just where it will end up. Better to be wary though, even if it does end up missing the east coast.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

When a hurricane is heading anywhere near me,,,, I get in the car and go on vacation for a few days. For me,,, there's nothing worse than setting inside this house with no electricity for several days. No TV, no Comupter, no hot water, etc. Life is very boring without electricity!!!!
We Have Elvis !!

Jim, "Comupter?"

You mean like, "Comupter the house and sit a spell?"

Have a gas stove and hot water heater and plenty of candles so that is all fine, but I worry about property damage.

Wherever you are, please play it safe. I've seen some freaky things happen.
I bid NO Trump!

We're already getting rain from Joaquin here in NJ, and expect periods of rain through the weekend.

THat's ok, however, as we've had a very dry summer, and now our reservoirs will be replenished. We were just issued a "drought watch".
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I'm hearing it's a low chance it will hit NYC, but no matter what, we are expecting a lot of rain.

LJay Wrote:Jim, "Comupter?"

You mean like, "Comupter the house and sit a spell?"

Have a gas stove and hot water heater and plenty of candles so that is all fine, but I worry about property damage.

Wherever you are, please play it safe. I've seen some freaky things happen.

My attempt at proper spelling failed again!!! hahahaha......

I'd recommend having very good insurance to cover property damage,,,, but even the best insurance policy won't necessarily make you whole again (smile)...

After hurricane Ivan hit Pensacola and surrounding areas back in 2004, I quickly discovered that my insurance coverage with Nationwide didn't cover all the damage. They would only pay to remove the part of a tree that was actually hitting the house & outbuildings,,,,, I had to pay out of pocket to have someone remove the stumps and remaining parts of the trees that were not touching the house & outbuildings.
We Have Elvis !!