Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurricane anyone?
Well I went to sleep on some rainfall and woke up to a statewide state of emergency. Half of Columbia is underwater. Over 4 feet in some spots, dams breached, Clarendon county has a 7pm curfew, people are finding snakes swimming in their homes...SCE&G releasing water from Lake Murray, so everything on the other side of the dam is gonna see a lot more water. Thankfully no flooding in my neighborhood, but we're kind of enclosed by flooding in the surrounding area. Looks like I'm probably not going to work tomorrow.

Beaux Wrote:We want without electricity today for about 6 hours, but our neighborhood is, for the moment, still above water. Quite a few of our neighboring communities, however, are flooded, and downtown is completely shut down and underwater! Sad

~Beaux

Yikes, I saw pictures. Hope things improve soon.

It Is just so unbelievable! 4 months of rainfalls in one day! We are lucky enough to be be on a higher grade than our surrounding neighborhoods, but it is surreal to watch as houses only 3 blocks away are rapidly swallowed up!

We have our electricity back, but it flickers a lot, so I am keeping my fingers crossed.... 29,000 houses are still out of electricity though...

I just keep thinking about my friends on the other coast, needing rain SO BAD, and here we are going under....

~Beaux

Beaux Wrote:It Is just so unbelievable! 4 months of rainfalls in one day! We are lucky enough to be be on a higher grade than our surrounding neighborhoods, but it is surreal to watch as houses only 3 blocks away are rapidly swallowed up!

We have our electricity back, but it flickers a lot, so I am keeping my fingers crossed.... 29,000 houses are still out of electricity though...

I just keep thinking about my friends on the other coast, needing rain SO BAD, and here we are going under....

~Beaux

Glad you're safe and above water. We're making sure to keep our phones charged in case we lose power. It's pretty bad - so many people's homes and livelihoods are fucked. I'm just glad my brother's okay.

Sounds crazy, glad you both are ok but it must be difficult to be helpless to the chaos around you. It just goes to show a hurricane doesn't have to make landfall to, although perhaps indirectly, cause disasters such as this Sad

Beaux Wrote:It Is just so unbelievable! 4 months of rainfalls in one day! We are lucky enough to be be on a higher grade than our surrounding neighborhoods, but it is surreal to watch as houses only 3 blocks away are rapidly swallowed up!

~Beaux

seriously! send the rain this way!