Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurt my back the day before a job interview
at Kroger for a stock shift.

This is just my kind of luck. The interview is tomorrow, and I know the pain won't be gone yet. I'll call to reschedule tomorrow, but don't know if I'll say with the back injury. To me that guarantees I won't be getting the job, and I've already had to jump through some hoops to get this.

FML

It's not like they're going to test you lifting cases of garbanzo beans in the interview. If you really need the job, get yourself to urgent care and insist on prescription strength anti inflammatories and muscle relaxants. To get the muscle relaxant tell them you have anxiety. You'll likely limp out with scrips for meloxicam and lorazepam. Take 'em, and boom, you can get through the interview. If they ask if you can start right away, tell them you have commitments for the next week. Then you take a week to heal up and then start your job. People who reschedule job interviews probably don't get the job.

Agreeing with Camfer, but be careful with the muscle relaxants or you may be too relaxed to stand up.
I bid NO Trump!

speedy healing to you
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I wouldn't drug up on anything other than Ibuprofen. If it's just an interview, can't you just put on your best face and hope no one notices you wincing?

Have you tried an emergency appointment with your friendly neighborhood chiropractor.

If not try hot and cold compression
Frozen vegetables--->hot water bottle ----> frozen vegetables------> ect

If I we're you i'd reduce the pain as much as you can and pop some ibuprofen on the day.

Of course only you know the amount of pain you're in. If it's really too much you need to reschedule.

I agree, try urgent care. At a minimum you can probably get muscle relaxants like tizanidine, possibly even flexeril. Watch yourself on them though, its easy to overtax your muscles while taking them. And its true, they can make you dizzy if you're not used to them. Additionally you should look into buying a lifting brace for your back/mid-section. Braces support your back muscles quite a bit.

If all else fails, try and reschedule. No job is worth permanent damage to your body/health.

xx

Ugh ugh ugh. I had a friend who finally got a job (at front desk at a nice hotel), and literally on his way in the door...a bicyclist clipped him, knocked him down, and broke his leg. Hope you recover well enough for the interview at least.

Lex

My back got well enough for the interview, and I hot the job! It wasn't even really an interview, more like how many hrs do I want, and when can I start.

Yay Radbot! Congrats!