Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Am Cait
Anocxu Wrote:Those women were propelled into the spotlight by Caitlin..
If it wasn't for her show ..
They wouldn't see the light of day..

The only one I knew I was Jennifer Finney Boylan. And I knew who she was before I'd ever heard of the Kardashians, or Bruce Jenner for that matter. She lectured at my college before and I read one of her books in a high school class.

Emiliano Wrote:The only one I knew I was Jennifer Finney Boylan. And I knew who she was before I'd ever heard of the Kardashians, or Bruce Jenner for that matter. She lectured at my college before and I read one of her books in a high school class.
No one famous ever comes to Florida for free appearances of any kind...lol..
You lucky devil...

Anocxu Wrote:No one famous ever comes to Florida for free appearances of any kind...lol..
You lucky devil...

It kind of makes up for how expensive everything else in nyc is.

Emiliano Wrote:It kind of makes up for how expensive everything else in nyc is.
Yeah that's ..
You're in New York ..
Everything there is super expensive ..
Let's go shopping for matching McLarens..?

Anocxu Wrote:Yeah that's ..
You're in New York ..
Everything there is super expensive ..
Let's go shopping for matching McLarens..?

I had to look up what McLaren even was. But that's all you, I don't even know how to drive. An R160 is the only kind of car I'd ever need.

Emiliano Wrote:I had to look up what McLaren even was. But that's all you, I don't even know how to drive. An R160 is the only kind of car I'd ever need.
[Image: r160bl.jpg]

Aww..
Ok..
It's not something by Audi..

Emiliano Wrote:I just read your first post on that link you posted, and I agree with you on all your points. I also think its weird as a gay man, as something to do with my sexuality, to be grouped in with people who are experiencing things with their gender identity. But that I suppose is a whole other thing.

In terms of what is interesting me about the second episode of the show though is that Cait is getting called out for everything you mentioned - being rich, being famous, for being rushed on the cover of Vanity Fair, for having such conservative views on social programs, for being called out on acting like its all about her hair and her clothes and how sexy she can make herself look as a woman, to flat out being so easily accepted by society without facing the struggle, the isolation, and the violence so many other trans people face. I think the people in this episode are trying to frame transition as something so much more than being "brave" and looking beautiful on a magazine cover, like its that easy to be accepted. They called her out as living in a bubble. And rather than getting defensive and egotistical about it, it just seems like shes taking it in, trying to learn what it means to be a part of that community now and having such a platform.

I dont know, I guess I made this thread and then just defended my enjoyment of the show because it caught me by surprise that I'd find it so interesting. I suppose I respect seeing people who are called out on their privileges taking it with such humility and responding in a way that seems as if they are honestly interested in making themselves and those within their sphere of influence better.

But who knows, maybe next episode will just be about her going shopping for a bathing suit and getting bikini wax tips from Kim Kardashian.

Please see my comment on the other thread on this topic, I would be curious to hear your thoughts about it. If it turns out that I am wrong, I will actually be glad because of the people who will benefit. But I still won't watch it. If that makes me a hypocrite, so be it.

https://gayspeak.com/showthread.php?t=37006

Anocxu Wrote:It's not something by Audi..

Audi makes damn good cars. more so now that they've incorporated the best Italian technology in their models.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

meridannight Wrote:Audi makes damn good cars. more so now that they've incorporated the best Italian technology in their models.
Like the R8...?

[Image: audi-r8-wheelsandmore-1.jpg]

That's why I was excited when
he said R160...
I had no Idea there was an R series or railroad transport ...

What did you think we were talking about?

Oh. I get it..
You thought I was slamming Audi..

*shakes head*