Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Dont Know When
Well, good night guys. I'll be on in 2 days.

Congrats CrossNecklace. I knew that you would have a good time at the meeting. So, keep your chin up and I'm sure everything will work out between you and your parents.

CrossNecklace Wrote:Hey guys!

So I attended the meeting for like 2 hours. There about l2 of us there. 5 of us were new and the rest are regulars. They were all nice and funny. They were easy to talk to and I guess I made new friends. They invited me to a party and I'm planning on taking that day off from work so I can go. I told most of them how I just came out to my parents a couple of days ago and they were very supportive. I'm glad I went. It was worth it. Oh and 2 of them gave me their numbers too so that was cool.
Delighted for you. Looks like a win all round. Well done! Xyxthumbs Remybussi

that is very good about them thingsConfusedmile: i hope you have a nice time.

So I attended the meeting for like 2 hours. There about l2 of us there. 5 of us were new and the rest are regulars. They were all nice and funny. They were easy to talk to and I guess I made new friends. They invited me to a party and I'm planning on taking that day off from work so I can go. I told most of them how I just came out to my parents a couple of days ago and they were very supportive. I'm glad I went. It was worth it. Oh and 2 of them gave me their numbers too so that was cool.

[Image: happy-1.gif] [Image: happy-1.gif] [Image: happy-1.gif]

Well done mister

Pleased for you I really am

xxxx

Remybussi

CrossNecklace,

I've been reading this thread with some interest. I won't repeat the very good advice you have had already above, I just wanted to say two things. First, congratulations, coming out is bloody difficult but in the end worth it. Second, just remember you've had a long time to accept and get used to the fact you are gay, your family have not, they will need time to think things through and get used to the idea.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Alvin, I am so glad for you. So proud too, as you already know. It will only get easier to deal with the fact as you take things one day at a time, one friend at a time... People are not stupid (sometimes just ignorant) and your family does sound very supportive. As Marshlander said, you've had plenty of time to come to the idea that you are gay... I know you were not sure and did not want to be gay, but your parents have only just learnt.... And even if in their heart of hearts they knew you were gay, there is such a thing as self delusion: a factor that will make parents almost wittingly ignore the evidence. Well, you say you did not act especially feminine and that you've had a girlfriend, so neither of these facts actually pointed to your being gay, did they?
I was just thinking, to forward the matter a bit, that there are groups for parents of gay men too, support groups like PFLAG, and I'm sure such a group exists in your city. This is something that you might ask the others of your meeting group next time you go. Then maybe you could tell your parents that these groups exist, where they can go and ask questions, and explain their situation, and maybe learn to understand how to cope with it better and come to terms with it, and how eventually to become proud of their gay son. It is nothing to be ashamed of and they need some support to help them change their mindset.
They need to rest assured that you are still the same person you were before, just as responsible and just as caring and loving. I hope your moments of depression over the whole thing are gradually changing into a feeling of pride and of contentment, as you have seen your parents and siblings support you too. That is more than some gay young men get, but that's how it ought to be. Rejoice in the fact that you will be able to be yourself and not tell anyone any lies about who you are.
This said, it does not mean you have to go and tell every Tom, Dick and Harry that you're gay. Just tell people when you feel comfortable telling them, and when you think they will be comfortable being told.

I too had a private little cry at reading your story. It so reminds me of my own coming out to my mum. Bless her. I did not expect such a good response. She's had a hard time dealing with my younger brother's death.

Bless you Alvin, and talk to you soon, I hope, to know a bit more detail about how the meeting went and what you were able to exchange with the other folks there.
from me a big big Bighug
PA

Looks like i missed the boat on this one somewhat...

Well tisn't too late to say CONGRATS boyo Big GrinBig Grin

And you have that you managed things on your own terms to carry forward as a comfort and an amazing achievement Smile And just like to say you can find ways to be strong and pleasant surprises in the most unexpected of places. So smile, be strong and remember the only way is up, or sideways. Don't get down about things and they won't get you down. Time has this way of making things a lot easier to smile about.

Bighug

CrossNecklace Wrote:Well, good night guys. I'll be on in 2 days.

YEAH!!! Sounds like it couldnt have gone any better... Now arent you happy that you went? Remybussi

OMG, we have to wait two days to find out details *you monster!!!

I posted something then I tried to edit it then I deleted what I posted accidentally and now I cant be bothered retyping.

Good to hear its all working out bruv.