Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Think I Might Be Giving Up...
Hey guys.

As anyone who's seen my posts will know, this isn't my usual 'me' but things have been a bit... idk, shit.

I just don't really have any motivation anymore, any urge to do anything at-all. I can't sleep properly. I've got no hope. It's not even been gradual, it's like it's just leaked out overnight and I've woken up a few weeks ago with nothing.

I don't even know what I'm hoping to achieve here.

Maybe someone could... help me? Please?

Wavey

[COLOR="Purple"]
What can I do for the fine sir?

*maybe ya just pushed yourself a bit too hard and need some Woolfe time... pamper yourself. That always helps me out of the blues.[/COLOR]

Bighug

It's not even so much as stress or a down period, have been there before, this is more like I've got no hope, no will to do anything, no faith in anything anymore.

I honestly have no idea what to do or if I even care enough to do anything now.

any idea where all this hopelessness is coming from? It just appear one day?

the world seems to be getting odder and odder and IDK either... hard to figure out sometimes isnt it.

Hey Stranger Xyxwave

Dood you lived a wild-life over the hols (not that there's owt wrong with that) but it could be yer just gettin the come-down now huh...or even a touch of 'SAD' disorder (its been a shitty ole winter) regardless tho...there's always summit worth hangin on in there for ya never know tomorrow could be the day ya wake up back too yerself Wink Anyhoo hope ya start feelin better soon n ya know where i am if i can do owt! Knuddel

Ay up chuck Bighug

I know how you feel, having been there before multiple times. Life has a way of giving us a reason to start moving again when we least (or sometimes when we most) expect it, but always when we need it.

What's makin you feel down?? I guess if you don't know then you can address that part of it later when you're more capable.

As everyone here's already pointed out, you DID party pretty hard in this long, cold winter we've had. Taking some time out for you will be a great start to getting yourself all rested and starting to repair whatever you feel is problematic.

First thing to do is go see a quack. A GP will be able to give you something (be it knockout drops or whatever) to help you sleep. You're not gonna be able to deal with anything if you're not getting sufficient rest. Sleepytime is when your body repairs itself and readies itself for the next day. If you're not sleeping easy then you'll feel everything a lot more emotionally and it's really difficult to cope.

You remember i was having proper mental sleeping problmes before christmas, i'm sure?? It left me with absloutley no will to do anything, least of all to get better or do important stuff like uni work and eat and stuff. Resultingly i failed two sujects through non-attendance. And that was them ebign lenient because i'm sucha geek.

Well eventually, after what feels like a zillion years i've got it sorted (well, the sleeping part anyway), and i'm getting things back on track. It's so much easier to cope when you're better rested.

At the very least seeing a doctor will be able to give the reassurance that it's not something medical that's ailing you.

Make sure you can take some time out to take care of yourself and start to figure out where this hopelessness is coming from. If there's anything i can do don't hesitate to ask.

(I'd also like to point out that the Christian in me is POSITIVELY SCREAMING FIND GOD!! but that i'll let you take or leave. I don't ram religion down anyone's throat. But maybe something to consider?? There's unlimited love and comfort out there for you in God, as well as in the people who care about you...)

So to recap: first step - go see a quack. Then once the sleep part is being remedied the rest will be easier to deal with and you can start to address anything else. Smile

If there's anything bothering you you wanna talk about you knows where i am Big Grin

xxx

The sleeping part sounds like good sense. Did you see that fascinating programme on BBC2 last night called, "Grow Your Own Drugs"? A hop and lavender pillow (scroll down the page) sounds like a great idea. I might give that a try.

One of our smaller manufacturers in San Francisco had a job of making pure lavender pillows. They had enormous boxes of lavender and the place just smelled of heaven. I should have asked for one of those pillows...

By sounds of it your entering depression babes maybe try to relax ya mind a wee bit or have time out to yourself do something you want to do and make the rest wait hunni

kindest regards

zeon xx

Thanks for the replies guys. It's not burnout as suggested, been there before, and this is something very different.

Made an appointment with my GP to see about sleeping pills, she put me on Fluoxetine but it's expected to be a month or more before they take effect properly, and I vaguely give a shit now, but I don't see it lasting. Woke up this morning and had to talk myself into getting out of bed for a shower, then went straight back to bed.

It's getting stupid, because I'm barely even sleeping in bed, I'm just lying there like a warm corpse. I know there's something wrong, but other than managing to type a few messages a day and drag myself into a shower, I'm struggling to do anything.