Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Think I Might Be Giving Up...
[COLOR="Purple"]Fluoxetine.... looked it up and it is Prozac.

That isnt exactly a sleeping aid but an anti depressant. Yes, that will take 4 - 6 weeks to take effect and could come with many sides...

If your doc is scribing Prozac for sleeping aids then something is very wrong.

In general a sleeping aid will work immediately but should not be used for any length of time.

If you eventually went in for depression then all fine and good but you should be aware of the issues involved with an AD.

Hope things work themselves out for you Bighug [/COLOR]

Yes, it's the anti-depressant, Prozac. I was on it for a year a few years ago.

Best wishes to you
Bighug

Fun times. I was on that when i was what, 16?? If you're anything like i was then then i know how you feels. Give it time.

Hope things get better for ya Bighug

Hiya Sox, nice to see you online. Confusedmile:
Bighug How are you, smarty pants?

Hope the medicine makes you feel less despondent soon, Woolfe.
Bighug

Right fella,

STOP taking pills and for the time you spend on the internet look for an alternative, something herbal maybe as Marshy mentioned.....

Get out of that bed and go for a walk.... and think!!!! Use that smart brain of yours and think what you want to do for the rest of the day, not the week but just the day!!!!!

Wrap up warm and maybe just walk to the end of your street to start with, have a look around you whilst you walk and take in whats going on......

Sounds like you need a bit of stimulation in that smart brain of yours Xyxthumbs

Go into a shop and buy something.....Anything and interact with someone or something....

DO IT !!!

Good luck Woolfie

Wishing you much love

xxxxxxx

Hiya babes,
Maybe forcing yourself out of this state of mind is a possible cure.. Your mind may think christ i dont like this and i cant be bothered but make it bothered.. I get days where i just want to veg but get angry after a while and have to go do something before time runs out or i go mad lol

Hey bud
having been on the not sleeping and can't think straight road may I offer my advice?
First, the can't sleep is a symptom of a deeper issue, with me it was PTSD, but with a lot of others it's depression, and there are a lot of sources for that. My source was fear, a fear that came from seeing people die and then afterwards seeing those close to me almost die. I don't pretend to know what source your depression came from, but I am sure it is something that seems crazy and horrid.
The thing that comes to you, is that no matter what the source is, its not that big a deal, and there are always others who have been through what you are going through to talk to.
The best thing I can advise is talk to people who have been where you are, they may not be easy to find, but they are very useful in gaining perspective.
I hope my words have been helpful
Richard

Hey guys.

Haven't been on for a while, but just got the replies now, and really appreciate them. Smile

Things are a bit more promising now - Prozac apparantly do work, at least to some extent, and between talking to friends and a counsellor have got through a lot of issues that've been lying there for a while.

Nowhere near sorted yet, but at least getting out of bed, seeing people and things, getting out and stuff, so it's progress - long may it continue.

Again, much appreciate the concern and advice, you guys truly do rock.

(Incidentally fjp - doc said she was reluctant to prescribe a sleeping aid, as the root cause was almost definitely depression, and that hopefully fluoxetine would help with the problem overall.)

But yeah, will be back amongst you all just directly. As I said, nowhere near fine, but this is definitely progress.

I've said it before, and I say it again - I always bounce back.

<3 ya guys.

Ky xxxxxxxxx

Good to have you back.

Even better hear things are starting to look up.

Smile

xxx