Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am 22, why should I care about health care benefits at work?
I'm confused? Kutcher is the reason why health care sucks in the USA???

I am fortuate to have health insurance at my current position, however has not always been that way, had good luck to be covered for the hernia ops but bad times for broken bones. If you have the option of having insurance go for it, if you don't need it that is good, still a good investment, but if your heart, or brain circulation has a prob, well worth it, jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I'm confused? Kutcher is the reason why health care sucks in the USA???

So, now it is the Red Herring. The Kutcher information was clearly stated as an example of how to properly post a link on the internet. This thread has nothing to do with Mr. Kutcher.

Permit me to add that I think it is important to note the great political contributions of Ashton Kutcher and his wife Demi Moore to liberal issues such as abortion, and human trafficing, and human rights for GLBT community. These very involved business and political activists who have a combined worth of $289,000,000, yet they reach out to the concerns of the average Americans. We GLBT appreciate the support we get from folks like the Kutchers.

James Wrote:I am fortuate to have health insurance at my current position, however has not always been that way, had good luck to be covered for the hernia ops but bad times for broken bones. If you have the option of having insurance go for it, if you don't need it that is good, still a good investment, but if your heart, or brain circulation has a prob, well worth it, jim

If one does not have health insurance they should purchase it. As my friend described in the OP is learning, the continuation of health coverage is now $375 a month payable in cash each month under Cobra. The amount is obviously outrageous for a delivery truck driver, but under President Obama's Affordable Care Act, after 2018 people will not have to worry about such costs when they fall ill and can not work. America is catching up with the rest of the world on health care coverage.

Chalk up another progressive move to make life better for the American people from the Democratic Party!

[Image: obama_doctor.JPG.jpeg]

WesHollywood Wrote:So, now it is the Red Herring. The Kutcher information was clearly stated as an example of how to properly post a link on the internet. This thread has nothing to do with Mr. Kutcher.

Permit me to add that I think it is important to note the great political contributions of Ashton Kutcher and his wife Demi Moore to liberal issues such as abortion, and human trafficing, and human rights for GLBT community. These very involved business and political activists who have a combined worth of $289,000,000, yet they reach out to the concerns of the average Americans. We GLBT appreciate the support we get from folks like the Kutchers.

So you don't have a a sense of humor, do you. Where you born that way or just lost it along the way?

Please to note that this time there is no wink, no tongue sticking out....

I am aware of the contributions that Mr. Kucher and Ms. Moore have given the world.

So what that the real reason you posted an 'Example' link to his page on the Winki, or was it purely coincidental?

Lastly, I was hoping to defuse what it becoming a 'mean' debate between you and Cloud.

Believe it or not we all do play on the same team. WE are not the enemy, the politicans, Big Corporations are.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:So you don't have a a sense of humor, do you. Where you born that way or just lost it along the way?

Please to note that this time there is no wink, no tongue sticking out....

I am aware of the contributions that Mr. Kucher and Ms. Moore have given the world.

So what that the real reason you posted an 'Example' link to his page on the Winki, or was it purely coincidental?

Lastly, I was hoping to defuse what it becoming a 'mean' debate between you and Cloud.

Believe it or not we all do play on the same team. WE are not the enemy, the politicans, Big Corporations are.

I hardly think watching a friend's life destroyed due to a bad shoulder is humorous in any way. I am glad you have respect for the Kutchers, they have earned it. Cloud999 is clearly nuts. It is hysterical GLBT like him that give us a bad name. Sadly, the only way you get people like him to understand is to shove their face in their own feces.

For the record, I think you are one of the best posters in this forum, and you have a uniquely disarming quality of your sexuality coming through your words. I am drawn to intellectuals. Cocks are toys.

WesHollywood Wrote:After you have provided links they are not convincing to me.
Government statistics don't convince you? Boo-hoo.

WesHollywood Wrote:From the standpoint of debate on the internet the correct posting of a link would be as follows.
Are you new to this whole "internet" thing? Must be.

WesHollywood Wrote:Please reach out again, if you would, and provide concise factual links to support your arguments.
Perhaps you should first provide properly-cited data demonstrating that doctors are "the worst kind of thieves" as you claimed in your original post. Because you just maligned many of my friends without a link or sourced data anywhere.

But I won't hold my breath.

WesHollywood Wrote:I am on the question of my 28 year old friend being screwed by his employer, benefits people, doctors, hospitals, and medical related corporations in general.
A 22-year-old should care about his health insurance so he doesn't end up like your friend. This means he should opt-in to his employer's program, buy a high-deductible policy if one is not offered, and apply to Medicaid if he is under the poverty line.

He should also put money into a tax-advantaged Health Savings Account or Flexible Spending Plan to pay deductibles, such as that $1000 charge.

cloud999 Wrote:Government statistics don't convince you? Boo-hoo.

I think we should both take Bowyn Aerrow's advice, slow things down, and call it a night.

[Image: ashtonKutcherS.jpg]

[COLOR="Sienna"]The topic of this thread is;

I am 22, why should I care about health care benefits at work?
[/COLOR]

zeon Wrote:I am grateful we have a NHS system in this country... We call it free however its not because we pay national Insurance in our monthly wage packet qwhich helps funds this service so when we need it it is avalible regardless.... Sadly the tramps use it more than most with drugs alcohol and stupidityy
[COLOR="Navy"]
That's not really fair Zeon, people with Diabetes, kidney problems, hypertension, the list could go on who need the National Health Service more than others. I just thank god we've got it, but again lets hope the Nasty Party (Conservatives) don't ruin it????
[/COLOR]

Almac Wrote:[COLOR="Navy"]
That's not really fair Zeon, people with Diabetes, kidney problems, hypertension, the list could go on who need the National Health Service more than others. I just thank god we've got it, but again lets hope the Nasty Party (Conservatives) don't ruin it????
[/COLOR]

Thank you. I have never been a health care poster until this thread, and I find it really scary that a person's life can be wiped out by a shoulder spasm that turns into surgery, the turns into financial crisis.

Last night my Grandpop called to say "hey." He is one of those 1960s Woodstock types whose whole attitude is..........well........uncomplimentary to all politicians.

But, he did tell me that one of his Fraternal Order of Eagles lodge brothers has kidney disease and the medical bills could cost his family their home. Apparently, in his State a judgement for non-payment of debt is easily converted into garnishment or foreclosure. What the hell kind of country are we running here?

I sure hope that when President Obama's Affordable Care Act is fully implemented in 2018 that such problems become a thing of the past.
[Image: affordable-care-act.jpg]