Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am a bit concerned
Enigma Wrote:It's not a snobbery thing it's just respecting others privacy

And in turn they will respect you for that. Confusedmile:
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Enigma, I think you do dwell on this a lil too much... at the end of the day if people want to chat to you they will, and likewise, if they don't they won't.
It's not as if you're ever doing anything remotely dodgy - you don't ask to do webcam, you don't ask to meet and everything so far (at least from my experience with you) is safe.
I can understand your insecurities... being of an age where there's not many others of your age to talk to, then opting for us younger ones you probably will feel its a bit weird... or at least think that we find it weird.

Do I find it weird that older people are willing to talk to me in the street? No!

Do I find it weird that you want to talk to me? No!

Should the fact you're a gay guy have any matter in this? No!

Confusedmile:

Thank you gentlemen. I will try to relax and see if others want to talk with me. Alhough I just initiated a conversation with a young man in Australia who was watching football and frightened the life out of him. A total stranger popping up in the middle of thier night saying "Am I interrupting" puts the heebie jeebies up anyone.

I agree with wouldlikemuscle so i will only add that not everyone has the time or can make the effort to engage in a chat but dont be worried because it is ok to chat.

In fact there is a thread specifically for that where people give their messenger addy. Wink You can go through the list tell them you would like to chat with them in a friendly only level as you are looking for new friends and if is ok to add them. Also choose the people you want to chat to, message them a couple of times then exchanging msn addies is a normal thing to do when you want to talk more.

This is what you needed to tell in your post really , the rest was unnecessary Confusedmile:

saltybeanz Wrote:Ant why do you come on so early in the morning, or late in night LOL.

Basically I dont have a clue, enigma, let people message you unless you have built up a sterdy friendship. That way you eliminate the risk of people taking it the wrong way, but still manage to add contacts.

LOL, because I had a literature essay due on Monday and stayed up basically all Sunday night to write it and now my sleeping pattern is totally messed up and end up sleeping at like 5pm, waking up at 1am, doing homework and then find I can't sleep haha Sad

Hyde Wrote:LOL, because I had a literature essay due on Monday and stayed up basically all Monday night to write it and now my sleeping pattern is totally messed up and end up sleeping at like 5pm, waking up at 1am, doing homework and then find I can't sleep haha Sad

Your such a moose. Take some kalms or night nurse LOL.
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Well, Enigma, here's my thoughts:

Screw age.

Honestly, the only thing age really says is I've lived x many years. It shouldn't have any effect on who you're able to chat with, or who you can ask to meet! As I see it: one's age has absolutely no effect on who they are or what they believe. And I bet that if people actually get to know you, they're not going to care how old you are, nor anyone for that matter! If they do: damn them. It's just another senseless bias fueled by the mass hysteria that says gays are pedophilic stalkers.

In short: ^^ Don't worry about it. It doesn't matter who you are or what you're about. Be you, and it shouldn't matter to anyone.

I agree, and if you see me around on MSN, don't be shy about talking to me - I'm generally more reactionary than proactive, for the same reasons - I don't want to interrupt people if they're just checking their mail or what have you ...

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

shadow Wrote:I agree, and if you see me around on MSN, don't be shy about talking to me - I'm generally more reactionary than proactive, for the same reasons - I don't want to interrupt people if they're just checking their mail or what have you ...

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Ah. I see. Well I often see you around but don't like to butt in. :redface:

Be my guest !

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!