Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am a bit confused on what I should do
how do you get that he doesn't want help or to change? he does want to change, to be able to better cope with his voices, but not lose them, he wants to be able to live with them, and without them, since somtimes they dissapear from his head, never for more than a few days, but he depends on them as much as me and his family for emotional support
and If you can find me a person to talk to free within an hour walk, I'll go see them, but If it takes me most of a day, My parents will find out, and I'll either be homeless for trying to hide my problems, which they would not believe I had anywway, and if they did, would get me a straight jacket. and the reason I said an hour, is because I can always say I'm going to see a friend for a little while, maybe a certain friend who I could tell about my plans and trust not to rat me out.
then I could walk to the person If I had directions...Or guilt trip said friend since she always gets busy when we are supposed to hang out >.> ALWAYS

Humeinator2 Wrote:how do you get that he doesn't want help or to change?

Humeinator2 Wrote:he just wants his voices back, he can't live hapily without them, he doesn't really want to get better, so much as not get worse,

You are an adult and as long as you contribute toward the household expenses, no one has any business questioning what you choose to do in your life on your own time.

I live here free of charge, and that is the problem, they already take my money and put it up so I am forced to save for a car, and when I had a computer, my stepdad had the network set up in a way he could see my internet use and such, passwords and everything, but my comp messed up and it doesn't seem to work the same with the PS3
and since you can't look at it through his standpoint, I'm tired of trying to get you to, in his mind, and to his family and friends, him having his life back to normal IS him getting and wanting to get better
I understand how he feels about losing them, because of a deep fear of being alone, and the abandonment issues, luckily i have those under control now, but still, I see how he feels

Humeinator2 Wrote:he does want to change, to be able to better cope with his voices, but not lose them, he wants to be able to live with them, and without them, since somtimes they dissapear from his head, never for more than a few days, but he depends on them as much as me and his family for emotional support

this is the problem. healthy people do not depend on some imaginary voices to get by with their life. they don't want to commit suicide if there are no voices. the fact that this is the case with your friend says that he is having serious mental health problems. the fact that he can cope with his life is beside the point if the reason he hasn't committed suicide, like you say, is solely because he has these voices. that tells me he, in fact, cannot cope with life at all.

do you honestly not see the logic behind what i've just said?