Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am a bit confused on what I should do
My Best Friend, who is basically my brother, Is getting a surgery that is potentially fatal if anything goes wrong, so he can remove or fix some tissue in his brain that is messing up his Multiple Personality Disorder/Schitzophrenia (with him those go hand in hand), he is hoping the voices/ personalities he has had for so long will stop fading away and will return, when he can't hear them, he feels like he has lost family and friends, since those voices have been there since he was very young, if not born. And if all goes well which I am praying for, even though I realy don't have a religion, He will be gone for 4-6 months. I don't know how I will handle that, since he is always ther for me to talk to when something is wrong, and I trust him more than anyone in this world.
I don't know what I should do to support him before the surgury, or to stand not being able to talk to him while he is gone.
Anyone have some ideas? and maybe will some of you pray to your various dieties/gods/etc to help him? thank y'all

also, I stole this title from a forum post I saw earlier while scrolling :/ I thought it was appropriate

My prayers are with him. In such situations, prayer is a big solace. It will calm your anxiety too.

there is a chance that he might not make it through with his memories in tact if he survives... and he might not wake up from the surgury... I really really need advice right now... I can't stand the thought of losing him
this Year, I have lost My 2 Fiance, and that Caused me to be not only super suicidal for quite some time (about... I have put the date out of my mind.. since I wasn't able to go to his funeral, I don't know when or where he was burried, and I wasn't invited, because it was in russia, and a bunch of other things that where in the way, and that was enough to make me depressed for months) then, up until last month, when combined with the loss of my best friend, basically my sister, and My best friend meantioned here's wife, my personality changed a good bit, and my anger problems worsened, my distance from my family grew (emotionaly, I mean) and my friends saw less of the "Aways chearfull" Joey...
Now I may lose the only friend I have that I trust so much... whoI have such a deep love for...

2nd fiance*

Will: First of all, I'm sorry that you've gone through so much. Sometimes it seems like things hit you one after another and you don't have a chance to recover from one before another one happens. I know how hard that is.

I know it's hard, but you need to try to be strong and confident for your brother. He needs to know that you believe everything will be okay. And I know how scared you must be, but really all you can do is try to have faith and keep him in your prayers. And we will too. And when things get bad, you can always vent here.

it is either the fact he is a year older, or that he has militart experience, but he is being so much braver about this than me, If I could, I'd be going to Canada right now, so I could be by his side, it is in two weeks that he will have the operation, and I am not as worried about losing him, after I think About how stubborn he is, I think the worst he ahs to worry about is his memory.. but I am so stressed, I want to be there by his side.. thanks for your support, and keeping him in your prays, I'm sure he'll apreciate it, and I know I do.. thanks .. I'm actually crying... thank you all for the support, it means so much

Humeinator2 Wrote:there is a chance that he might not make it through with his memories in tact if he survives... and he might not wake up from the surgury... I really really need advice right now... I can't stand the thought of losing him

edit:

you can't control everything in life and you can't control his surgery. and if he comes out of it losing some memories, or if you end up losing your friend, you'll have to deal with that if and when that happens.

he just wants his voices back, he can't live hapily without them, he doesn't really want to get better, so much as not get worse, and I just don't want him to lose all the good memories he had that he will litterally be unable to make again, like his wife, or our friend/mydeceased fiance (whome he introduced me too X3)
he is such a nice guy, and I don't want him to wake up a completly different person, he made me promise I'd go seem him once he is better, I told him if he told me the exact time of his surgury, I'd make sure to be there at least a dayor two before, so I can be there for him
I am happy he is doing it, I'd miss his voices half as much as him, since they are so neccessary for him, they helped shap him into who he is in his oppinion, and since they are his other personalities, without them, he wouldn't be whole, he has my undieing support and faith, but that doesn't mean I can get over my fears though
-this is a public service announcement-this user has extream trouble getting over his fear
XD

Humeinator2 Wrote:he just wants his voices back, he can't live hapily without them, he doesn't really want to get better, so much as not get worse

I am happy he is doing it, I'd miss his voices half as much as him, since they are so neccessary for him, they helped shap him into who he is in his oppinion,

nevertheless, the surgery won't be done for him to get the voices back. there must be a health complication there that's even worse. so if that goes well he might return to being more or less what he used to be.

sorry, i missed the part about him wanting to get the voices back.