Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am a bit confused on what I should do
I said, and meant it when IO did, That councelors aren't much help
actually, because I seem to somehow work differently then other people, a lot of councelors tend to screw up and diagnose me with something they then later discover is not correct
and I am litterally unable to control certain things without meds, I got pretty close to a fatal problem when I was younger do to some of my problems, and doctors and councelors put me on a specific med, because it was all that would help
now, I have litterally no way to get anywhere (no money, all is kept by my parents so I'll have it to move or get a car, or go to college, so no way to get a cab or anything) and my stepdad litterally only gets one day off every nine days, since he has to work a lot of overtime so we have the money to live here, where rent is rediculous in every town, and I'd have to see a Free councelor
plus, the last few councelors I saw ended up making my trouble worse
If I didn't think that'd happen again, I'd be more open to the idea

Anonymous Wrote:his multiple schitzophrenia is something he's always had, and am not sure if he has meds

This is kind of something you should know before even considering it.

He has had it all his life, and he has not had any negative effects from it, I've talked to his family before (they don't seem to dislike me, but I know they'd rather he have a girlfriend) and they've told me bluntly that it doesn't affect him in a bad way, he doesn't talk to himself/them (the voices) or let himself get crazy because of it, and he's always had it under control
he might have it minorly, and the multiple personality problem he has might be the worse part, though I think it is mixed, and his personalities are all rather nice too, I also would trust him with my life, since he has taken my sde plenty of times over his wifes when she was alive, and because, as he said each time, I was in the right, he's also told me very blunty (and usually 100% accuratley) how well one of my relationships would go, how a plan would pan out, and many other things, he is more "Normal" than a lot of people I know, while being abnormal as well
Normal people make me uncomfortable >.>

Schizophrenia is a serious mental impairment disease that NEEDS to be treated, so if you're not sure YOU or your Buddy need to consult, hearing voices, suicidal tendencies, belligerent mood swing can lead to serious damage to you or your buddy.

Please you two needs HELP right now! You're not helping each other right now, you believe to be friend and you take part in his multiple characters, it's not recommended, this can turn sour real quick and you won't even know what happens.

Hopefully, you and your buddy aren't the same character. I a newly graduated Medical Doctor from McGill University in Montreal, what you just said we studied it, saw it and understood the result.

fair warning:
input from me may not always be nice or what you want to hear, rather something you need to hear
This is my opinion and you can take it however you wish, only wanting to help.

What always amazes me is when people with genuine psychological issues that can really only be best addressed by a licensed mental health professional, say things like, "I tried therapy, it didn't work."

It's the equivalent of someone with a weight issue wanting to lose weight saying, "well, I tried exercise by taking a walk one day, but it didn't work."

You both need to be involved with a good psychotherapist, doing multiple intense sessions a week for however long it takes to get a handle on your issues.

If you'd like, I can give you several very good referrals, but you'd have to move to California....

Nothing we say or do here is going to heal your mind from the shit in your head you have to face and deal with on your own by yourself.

Please seek professional help NOW. If the first or second therapist is a moron, keep looking until you find a respectable competent psychotherapist who can actually help you recover and get real, tangible results.

The excuses of not having money or a car are pathetic and ridiculous, it just means you're being stubborn and don't want to bother trying because you are too comfortable and complacent wallowing in your rut.

We can be here for moral support, encouragement, advice and the like, but until you are actually doing something about these very real issues, addressing them and overcoming them, learning to manage them better, it's all just a big hamster wheel....

ETOTE Wrote:fair warning:
input from me may not always be nice or what you want to hear, rather something you need to hear
This is my opinion and you can take it however you wish, only wanting to help.

What always amazes me is when people with genuine psychological issues that can really only be best addressed by a licensed mental health professional, say things like, "I tried therapy, it didn't work."

It's the equivalent of someone with a weight issue wanting to lose weight saying, "well, I tried exercise by taking a walk one day, but it didn't work."

You both need to be involved with a good psychotherapist, doing multiple intense sessions a week for however long it takes to get a handle on your issues.

If you'd like, I can give you several very good referrals, but you'd have to move to California....

Nothing we say or do here is going to heal your mind from the shit in your head you have to face and deal with on your own by yourself.

Please seek professional help NOW. If the first or second therapist is a moron, keep looking until you find a respectable competent psychotherapist who can actually help you recover and get real, tangible results.

The excuses of not having money or a car are pathetic and ridiculous, it just means you're being stubborn and don't want to bother trying because you are too comfortable and complacent wallowing in your rut.

We can be here for moral support, encouragement, advice and the like, but until you are actually doing something about these very real issues, addressing them and overcoming them, learning to manage them better, it's all just a big hamster wheel....

in other words, unless you change your attitude and genuinely want to fix the problem and improve your life, it aint gonna happen by itself. wallowing in self-pity leads nowhere.

if it wasn't more than a few hoursd walk, I'm not kidding, I'd talk to a therapist, but I have no money I can spend, I'm saving so I can move and hopefully get a job that pays enough I'll be able to get a car, so I can drive places, and then have money to spen on a therapist
and my friend has went to them for years, if he hasn't, in the last 10 years, gotten better, how likely is it he will? not at all, And I've tried getting help more than a couple times, I went to therapist for a few years in a row and only got worse, actually, because of one, my trust issues got worse, now, I am actually looking to move away from my family as soon as is humanly possible, I have a little over $1400 last I checked, and that is all for a Car if you ask my step dad, and won't tell my family about my problems, they either tell me I'm lying to myself, or they'll send me away, because as it is, we are not on the best of terms, and if they knew half my problems, I'd be in a mental asylum for at least a month, before I found a pla

place to live, because they'd know I'm not bad off enough to need to stay in an asyylum, just that I need help, while my parents would be trying to get me fixed and away from society