Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am bi. How to approach gay guys
Hi guys Wink

I recently discovered I am bi. For me this is something new. Whole my life I was approaching girls. I have no idea how to approach guys and how to tell if someone is gay or not.

Can you give me some advice?

Should I make some eye contact, smile, wink, maybe all of these plus give a look at his crotches Smile

What should be my first move and what reaction I should expect back from a gay guy.

I don't want some straight guy to punch me in a face if he doesn't like my approach.

I don't know.

There are apps for hooking up. That could save you from the guessing game and reduce the risk of getting punched in the face.

Boaxy Wrote:Sorry. This is something us fully gay guys have issues with.

A guy has every right not to disclose his sexuality or give into a gay/bi man sadly.

Just go to gay events or places where gay guys are and tell them you are Bi as that way the gay man will understand if you seem inexperienced or different.

I noticed Bi guys are usually more open minded and don't want to be grouped.

All of this is excellent advice. Going to gay events, clubs, etc. you can be reasonably sure that guys are interested in being approached.

As for how to approach them, if I see a guy I'd like to meet I generally walk up to him and say, "Hi, I'm Mike, how're you doing tonight?" Or make a comment about the event or the music or whatever. Eye contact and a smile are always good, but IDK about staring at a guy's package. How do you approach a woman, like would you openly stare at her breasts? Just be low key and natural.

If you see a guy in some neutral place and don't know if he's gay, try to start a conversation that will give you some clues.

Good luck and have fun!

Ah the same way you do with women. So equally as hard.

Well, go to venues gay peeps are sure to go. That way you take the "guessing" out of the equation.

About the appraoching part meh. I'll stay quiet on that.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Go to the next pride in your area, or the closest one.
Go to cosplay events if you like such, there is bound to be gay guys there, or at least bi. There's actually quite a few people at such events who wants to meet someone with similar interests.
You don't have to dress up, but it's much better if you do. Those who cosplay have the most fun at such events.
But a Pride is the best place.

I'll probably go to the next Pride here now.

I do not think you should do the "guessing" thing. Getting punched on the face is the least of your worries.

But I do agree with some on here. Like you, I had only girls except when my gay friend introduced me to another bi and I had two years with him as my one and only boyfriend(that was also two years ago). A common friend might help you sort things out.

Skip a step, just kill us and eat us!

jk <3

Boaxy's advice is good. That said, you need to be prepared for a decent amount or rejection from the announcement. In my experience, there is a very LARGE faction of gay men that hold issue with bisexuals, and the bisexual concept as a whole.

Incidentally, the staring at the package thing? It may get you laid. It may get you shot. It will not foster a "getting to know who you are" attitude in most, though.

I'm not usually the chaser, I tend to get chased;

However I'm rather blunt and I just ask how they feel about me liking them.

Doesn't mean I'd let them fuck me if they returned the feelings mind you, but simply to avoid the preamble and uncertainty, I tend to just put myself out there and I rarely regret anything.

Either it's an affirmative or they're uninterested or straight.

All the extraneous detail, like slurs, rejection, and such doesn't phase me at this point in my life gurl.

I've be defamed from since I was maybe 9 years old or so, by grown adults, so my skin grew very thick, however I know not everyone is like me;

So I suppose my straight forward advice may not work for you necessarily, but it works for me and it doesn't even need to be just limited to seeking sex or a relationship.

Sheep