Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am celebrating!!!
Yes, and it's not even about me. LOL

I went out with one of my friends about a month ago. We first met in 1994 when she dated my younger brother.

They broke up, and I stayed close with her....I watched her start dating again, met her future husband, get married, was at the hospital when 2 of her three kids were born. Those kids are now 15, 14 and 11. She and her husband (then her fiancé) were the first two people I came out to.

When I met up with her last month, she told me she had been diagnosed with cervical cancer.

I felt like I had been kicked in the stomach, and spent the night at home crying.

Last week she was operated on, and had her uterus, fallopian tubes and ovaries removed.

Today, she called me to say that all the tests are done, and the cancer was caught early enough that she doesn't need any more surgery, nor does she need to start chemo or radiation.

I'm so happy at this news!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Happy to hear your story because a few weeks ago I lost a very sweet friend to cancer. It is nice to read the stories of survival.

I'm so sorry you lost your friend, IB. Since 2008, I've lost 5 very close friends, 3 to various cancers.

it's so hard to face.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I love hearing that news...very happy for you and your friend.

Iceblink...I am sorry for your loss. It is hard losing a friend....I don't thinbk it ever gets any easier...

That's wonderful!!!!

...and thanks for posting this...My friend Sarah was just diagnosed with uterine cancer...I'm headed to visit her this weekend and now I'll have the story of a positive outcome to share!

Good for her. Hope she recovers completely soon.

Great news Cellar!! Bighug
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

Pleased for ya cellar dude (:

That's awesome news Chuck!
Smile

I am really pleased for you Chuck and your dear friend.