Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am confused again
I have gone out on a few dates with gay men, they seem a little put off by me being bisexual. To gay men out there would you date a bisexual guy?

One guy asked me something I didn't quite understand... "are you homoflexible?"

Umm, what the hell does that mean? Is that like being bisexual?

hell yeah boobs are awesome

Hank, I know exactly what you mean! Gay guys seem to be more put off by me saying I'm bi than women are. I don't get it. I have no problem dating a bisexual guy (or girl).

"Homoflexible" is a new one for me. Could that mean mostly gay, but willing to have sex with a woman too? As far as I'm concerned, I am happy just being 'sexual'. Forget the prefixes!

I would date a bisexual male; however, I can understand the turn off a little bit because I think it might be the thought that being in a relationship with a bisexual guy, I would probably be a bit worried whether or not he is satisfied with just being with me. Knowing that he is also attracted to women, I know that I can never satisfy his desires that only a woman can give. So it would worry me a little bit. Other than I would date a bisexual male.

As to "homoflexible", I've never heard of it, but I think it's just a way of saying that you are flexible in your sexuality or in other words, yeah, bisexual, but that is just my opinion.

^^I think that's what most gay men fear. I would date a bi guy though, hopefully if he does love me he wont cheat.

djharris79 Wrote:I would date a bisexual male; however, I can understand the turn off a little bit because I think it might be the thought that being in a relationship with a bisexual guy, I would probably be a bit worried whether or not he is satisfied with just being with me. Knowing that he is also attracted to women, I know that I can never satisfy his desires that only a woman can give. So it would worry me a little bit. Other than I would date a bisexual male.

As to "homoflexible", I've never heard of it, but I think it's just a way of saying that you are flexible in your sexuality or in other words, yeah, bisexual, but that is just my opinion.

I completely understand the worry a gay guy would have dating a bisexual man, it may be that you don't feel like you could ever satisfy him completely, but I have been in a homosexual relationship before, long ago, and he was all I wanted.at the time the sexuality had just "snuck up on me".

But if I love somebody and they love me, they are all I want. I guess that Iss difficult for some people to accept. I am beyond the fooling around but I guess until I find the right person I must continue fooling around, alas I tire of that game though.

ceez Wrote:^^I think that's what most gay men fear. I would date a bi guy though, hopefully if he does love me he wont cheat.

I know men gay and straight that said they were bi for a while until they accept or learn they are indeed straight or gay, so I find that gay men don't really think much about bi men, really I think we are less common. And for this reason people tend to think we are fence sitters"or "confused" so I understand the reluctance to get into a relationship with someone who is "confused". It just terns me off completely when I feel like I have lost before I leave the "starting gate". I just can't lie or conceal my true sexuality if I am interested, it just doesn't seem fair.

I'm of the belief that if you are pursuing a gay relationship, you should claim it. The word "bisexual" rings in my mind as "indecisive/timid". No offense to the bisexuals, but I wouldn't be interested in a relationship that might be based on dangling carrots, metaphor intentional, euphemism is not.

i hate that attitude ~
bisexual men (and women) are no more likely to cheat than gay/straight men or women ~

i'm attracted to blonde girls . my girlfriend isn't blonde . but that doesn't mean that i'm going to feel the need to run off and cheat on her with the next blonde chick i find .
(aka just because someone happens to be attracted to people other than the one they are with doesn't make them more likely to cheat)

megumidesu Wrote:i hate that attitude ~
bisexual men (and women) are no more likely to cheat that gay/straight men or women ~

i'm attracted to blonde girls . my girlfriend isn't . but that doesn't mean that i'm going to feel the need to run off and cheat on her with the next blonde chick i find .
(aka just because someone happens to be attracted to people other than the one they are with doesn't make them more likely to cheat)

I agree, and I didn't mean to make it sound like I think bisexuals are inherently cheaters. But there is a difference in the perspective of "there are more fish in the sea", and, "there are ALL the fish in the sea". For me, anyway. I know I don't like being with someone that isn't sure of what they want.