Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am confused again
I wouldn't mind. You like what you like, I can't judge.

if i were bisexual, i would keep it to myself. for me the term means you just love people, regardless of gender and can thus fall in love with anyone - because you like the person.

as such, if i were to fall in love with a girl, i would tell her i am straight. if i were to fall in love with a bloke, i would tell him im gay.

revealing yourself as bisexual is asking for trouble - it only makes the other person feel insecure and distrust your intentions.

what does it matter anyway? you are not going to cheat on the person you are dating so as far as you are concerned there is little difference if your partner understands you are gay. the day you brake up with him and fall in love with a girl tell her you are straight.

If, however, you are not planning on a serious relationship it doesnt really matter what you tell them, but be prepared to be turned down by people who want to take you seriously.

so to answer your question: no, i wouldn't date anyone who reveals himself as a bisexual. i would ask myself why the hell is he telling me this? i would tell him to get his ideas in place. i would, however, fool around with a bisexual.

so ask yourself this: why do you feel the need to reveal yourself as a bisexual? does it make you feel better? if you like a guy and tell him as much he will assume you are gay. likewise with a girl about being straight. why then tell him/her otherwise? just be natural man i fully understand bisexual men because i once dated a girl whom i really loved and we spent some great time together. but it really bothers me that bisexuals always have to make a point about being bisexual. they go into gay sites, gay bars, gay nightclubs with a sign reading "im bisexual".

Counselor Wrote:I know I don't like being with someone that isn't sure of what they want.

it's possible to be bisexual and sure of what you want ~

Quote:so to answer your question: no, i wouldn't date anyone who reveals himself as a bisexual. i would ask myself why the hell is he telling me this? i would tell him to get his ideas in place. i would, however, fool around with a bisexual.

personally , i think honesty is better if you're going to be in a relationship

megumidesu Wrote:personally , i think honesty is better if you're going to be in a relationship

isn't "i love you" honesty enough?

or do you really have to say: "i love you, but i'm bisexual".

what im trying to say is that being bisexual should be irrelevant in a serious relationship - so why bring up the subject and draw attention to it?

megumidesu Wrote:it's possible to be bisexual and sure of what you want

Also agree, just like you can be gay and NOT know what you want. Tongue

So, how is bi NOT on the fence, so to speak? It still conjures an image of some double-agent for me...

I'm really trying for understanding, since I apparently grasp it poorly. I used to think I was bi until I realized that didn't work for me, especially since I had so much more pleasure in talking to guys than I did with girls, and male bonding was as good as sex in some cases. I wanted something concrete and less vague.

Aeneas Wrote:isn't "i love you" honesty enough?

or do you really have to say: "i love you, but i'm bisexual".

what im trying to say is that being bisexual should be irrelevant in a serious relationship - so why bring up the subject and draw attention to it?

why would you say "i love you but i'm bisexual" ?

being bisexual doesn't mean that a person is incapable of loving just one person . if you love them , then their bisexuality shouldn't matter at all and their being honest with you about that fact would be fine . it wouldn't mean they were going to leave you .

megumidesu Wrote:why would you say "i love you but i'm bisexual" ?

being bisexual doesn't mean that a person is incapable of loving just one person . if you love them , then their bisexuality shouldn't matter at all and their being honest with you about that fact would be fine . it wouldn't mean they were going to leave you .

honesty is all fine, except when it surfaces irrelevant details which bring nothing to the table but to give said details more importance than they should have in the first place.

would it change your life in any positive way to know your partner is bisexual? no, it wouldnt. nor would it change your life in any positve way if your partner opened up about his or hers previous relationships - what he/she liked about them, disliked, and so on and so forth.

totally and utterly irrelevant.

it wouldn't change it in a negative way , either ~

Aeneas Wrote:honesty is all fine, except when it surfaces irrelevant details which brings nothing to the table but to give said details more importance than they should have in the first place.

would it change your life in any positive way to know your partner is bisexual? no, it wouldnt. nor would it change your life in any positve way if your partner opened up about his or hers previous relationships - what he/she liked about them, disliked, and so on and so forth.

totally and utterly irrelevant.

I don't think I could get into a relationship without finding out where my boyfriend had been before. I would want to know all about him and what has made him happy, if I can't make him happy just by breathing...

megumidesu Wrote:it wouldn't change it in a negative way , either ~

perhaps not to you, but i'd wager that bisexual men have more to lose than to gain by saying as much.

it doesn't make the relationship less truthful.

i just would never understand why someone would possible say something about themselves that has 0% chance of furthering the relationship in a positive manner but a high degree of chance of unsettling the other party freely - being that revelation completely irrelevant in the first place.