Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am despereate!!!I need advice!!!
I met this guy, while going to methadone clinic, we are going to the clinic few times a week.We ended up doing everything together, he became my best friend.I never thought that this would happen but you know all that jittery feelings you get, when you are in love, i just dont know what to do.I cant get sleep anymore, and i just think about him all the time.We both have been through a lot in life so far( going to the methadone clinic and all of that staff previously as addicts) and i dont want my heart broken or loosing him at least as a friend. Once he said something like' i feel so good that i could kiss you' but i am not sure if that was just a joke ,a guys thing.I am realy confused.And he is so hot and masculine looking.I really didnt needed this while going through rehab, its tough already and , now cuz i need strength, while this crush makes me only weaker.

Though meeting someone and developing feelings is definitely a gift, forming a relationship during recovery can sometimes be a trap. You may be looking for something or someone to fill the void of the drugs, which may work out or may backfire once you become clean. It's definitely a crapshoot. I've been there, mine didn't work out, but i know a couple that have. Good Luck!

Not an easy situation, try to make it through your rehab first, I say this because eveything will turn to s..t if you don't get clean, once clean and with a clear head, if you still feel the same pursue your feelings but with others you can call in the program if it doesn't work out, your in my prayers, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

Thanks guys for your advice, I really need some help around this.
Its so complicated and evrything as it stake for me cuz i am a nurse and need to finish my rehab and start working afterwards hopefully with a sober head.Its been almost 7 months since i stated the methadone program, and i feel way much better than i was previously.
But you gotta understand that i honestly cant get no sleep, i am distracted all the time thinking about him, and I know or at least I hope its not just the neuro chemicals in the brain playing games with me, and although i am only 24 years old, I really feel that this is something different ,strong.Actually tears are just coming to my eyes as i am writing this now, although I cry very rarely.
I suppose most of the others would tell me that my health should be my priority, but what about my mental health?
As I said all of this is making me weaker and weaker with every second.
I fee like I love him and it feels true to me.Its so difficult.
A big struggle for me at a bad moment in my life.