Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am sick of crushing on straight guys
Marky Wrote:The most important thing to consider is how you feel. Stuff everyone else - if they don't support you then you don't need them.
Yes perhaps I have been overly concerned with what others say.

People don't carry a sign of their sexual orientation on their foreheads. You can't possibly know sometimes. I don't know if it's a stupid opinion but.. if a guy says that he's gay, he's gay why would a straight guy say that he's gay when he isn't.. some guys might do that to get close to girls and shit idk maybe it only happens in movies lol i really don't know. But straight dudes are not always straight. We were all straight in the beginning right haha. So there's always a chance that a guy who says he's straight may not be straight after all. Maybe you've had a crush on a guy before that you thought was straight but he wasn't and maybe he was into you as well. Mind blow over here!!! Anyways all I'm saying is that, you don't have a control on your heart. It happens to all of us. Straight girls crying because all the hotties are gay, straight dudes swearing because they wanna date lesbians but they can't and they'll never accept the fact that lesbians won't fuck them LOL this shit's fucked

pardon my bluntness, over the time when I read your posts I have find myself identified in more than one occasion, Had I the opportunity, you wouldn't be single for long, or at the very least you would find yourself with an invitation for dinner sometime around next week, sadly, we live so far away from each other that kind of is an impediment for my plans, but don't falther, I do exist, I think you're intelligent, attractive and kinda cute, and I'm just a normal plain next door kind of guy, i'm nothing special which means that out there should be at least a million other guys who find you attractive, who think you have something to offer (even if you think you don't) and would most certainly want to get to know you better.

Don't idealize the lover you want until it becomes a mythical creature like an unicorn, and as cute and awesome your best friend younger brother can be he sure has flaws, most prominently that he is straight, keep that in mind and scratch him from the list, the guy for you is out there, and will come when you least expect it, I know, I know, it sounds cliché but it does happen.

I wish you all the good luck in the world pal!.

'sigh' straight guys nice to look at but not to own, hehe.

something I deal with on a daily basis. They have that unattainable charm, and hotness OSmile

I know someone who has had so much trouble with crushing on straight guys that he now is commonly known to say "straight guys are too stinky for me." Everyone picks on him because "straight guy smell" is another stereotype that's easy to perpetuate but it seems to help him keep himself under control. So much fun to hear him get himself started on that subject and then literally talk himself down to "they're too stinky for me" so he won't fall back into old unhealthy patterns. He's literally frightened of good looking, clean cut men because "they don't stank and I might piss they wife off and ruin another marriage"!!! Of course that really isn't funny in the true sense of the matter but it is funny as HELL sitting around yacking and playing cards. Poor biatch. Wanna mess with her mind, have a file of handsome, clean cut men on your screensaver! Goodnevil
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

This has been a wonderful thread! Both reading the subject for Hank's situation and getting to hear about the wonderful journey SWalter shared! Goodness I was frowning and grinning and frowning and grinning and re-reading and composing replies and moving right on and losing the composed replies for the sake of following the great sharing and discussion. Damn why can't they all be this entertaining, heartwarming and interesting???

Anyway, as for the OP, Hank I was repeatedly thinking the same thing over and over in my mind and then I noticed one reply specifically toughing on my thoughts. It was the one asking if maybe your pattern was an unconscious or maybe even deliberate effort to avoid the responsibilities and risks of creating real relationship potential because of fear and possibly continued discomfort with being who you are. We've talked in the past and you've said more than once you thought it important to work further through some of your personal issues before seriously pursuing potentially "real" bf relations. I'm just wondering if you might consider doing both at the same time. And strategically on purpose, with purpose. Even if you need to write out a couple goal statements or map out a plan of action that you can visually follow. I've seen how some people have moved past self-made or development indoctrination by using deliberate visual aids many times.

I take the time to write this because I SO agree with others comments about you likely not truly realizing a great wealth of prospects and you may not realize how strongly you fear rejection or discouragement. So if your gameplan includes steps to get the right supports in place to weather the difficulties you might find that seeking companionship and working on lifestyle choices at the very same time will really pay off.

Hind sight is 20/20 and you may not see the progress day-to-day as you go along, but in time and with the right support you'll look back and see your planning and strategy really paid off in the whole scheme of things.

Just think how many gay guys without partners think they would be healthier and happier if they only lost a little weight and got a little more exercise in your area. I bet you'd be shocked at how many actually fit that description. If they tried to do something about it what would they do and where? How much would they need to focus on keeping things simple and getting to the doing of it to find any success? Okay, so I'm off here now to walk the dog. George saw my post and laughed at me because I need to do the same things!!! Laugh Laugh Sophie come on girl, let's go and break a sweat to some jams. Wavey George can get his own dinner today. Luvlove
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Ryocchi Wrote:pardon my bluntness, over the time when I read your posts I have find myself identified in more than one occasion, Had I the opportunity, you wouldn't be single for long, or at the very least you would find yourself with an invitation for dinner sometime around next week, sadly, we live so far away from each other that kind of is an impediment for my plans, but don't falther, I do exist, I think you're intelligent, attractive and kinda cute, and I'm just a normal plain next door kind of guy, i'm nothing special which means that out there should be at least a million other guys who find you attractive, who think you have something to offer (even if you think you don't) and would most certainly want to get to know you better.

Don't idealize the lover you want until it becomes a mythical creature like an unicorn, and as cute and awesome your best friend younger brother can be he sure has flaws, most prominently that he is straight, keep that in mind and scratch him from the list, the guy for you is out there, and will come when you least expect it, I know, I know, it sounds cliché but it does happen.

I wish you all the good luck in the world pal!.
Thank you! I appreciate that. Very sage wisdom.