Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am the crazy ex you never want
Jay17 Wrote:Haha thats a good tip... could u of told me that 1 a month ago lol.
I do actually do that now haha

I iz sorry for not giving you this advice sooner. Smile

This is my situation:

I'm really stuck with my situation. I met this guy and we got on great for months and had amazing times. Things went downhill when I lost my job and become needy on him I was fullon and lost my spark. He was moving and starting a new hectic job and didnt have time for me.

For weeks and weeks he was unsure what he wanted which frustrated me I would text long texts trying to win him back but when It didnt work I would send a nasty text to him. He would always respond its ok Mr just chill.

Eventually he wrote to me saying " I really like you I can't tell u how much I do but I know u want more than this and I can't give you that, Im not looking elsewhere or talking to other guys I don't have time. I'd still like to stay friends with u and know what your upto, Please dont forget about me"

I didn't want to lose him so I suggested being friends with benefits which I did once with him, I got a text the next day of him telling me he had a great night but me being a idiot went straight back in there asking for me.

Now the situation is worse I kept trying to win him back with these long texts and he's now said being friends is even a stretch but he said we'll see about being fuck buddies again. He said I put too much pressure on him and maybe I should go and meet other guys.

We haven't spoken for a few days now I've given him some space but I really do Like him and I know my mistakes but I have no idea how to fix it or even if he would except me back now? do u think i've ruined anything ever happening with him? or is there anything I can do now to win him back?

Tulloni Wrote:It's not easy is it? Trying to get over an ex I mean. I am the same with my ex. I am considerably better than I was a few months ago immediately after we split and time does heal if you're prepared and willing to give moving forward your best but its still tricky I know. I still pine for my ex a little but I am better than I was before. I even did stupid things like one night when i couldn't sleep I texted him saying something like 'I wish you were here with me' which made me sound really clingy and needy which I was. I still miss him a lot but I am getting there. I've even dated other guys.

Which is part of the problem. So many of the guys I've met have been total disappointments. One in particular was a total douchebag and immature to boot. And I can't help but compare them to my ex who is quite a nice guy and realise that tbf they aren't as good as he is... I shouldn't compare and constrast blokes but I can't help it. They just don't compare.

But this does change when you meet some decent people. For now I am not too mad about dates. If I get them great but if not, no worries. I think you just need to make friends with people really if you're feeling lonely. can I just ask, did you guys have mutual friends when you split and are you still friends with them if that's the case or have you lost contact with them after you seperated? If that is the case you just need to try and find new people, which isn't easy. I know from experience. But you can do it!

Thanks for the advice!

Well my ex and I do not have many mutual friends, we both met each other in Ottawa, were there together 8 months, he moved to Toronto, and I have moved to Montreal. It was a long distance relationship for about 3 years.

A friend came down from Ottawa this weekend and we had a great time going out exploring the city and the village lol.

What I find the hardest with the moving on part is that it feels like if I let go and move forward, it s like I do not care anymore about the relationship, and that feels like lying to myself... but I know I got to push through it.

Tulloni Wrote:Btw if you find it this difficult with him my advice is to perhaps try suspending contact with him for a month. Like don't talk to him at all or look at any online profile he has or do anything related to him for a month to see how it works out. Then re-establish contact gradually to see if that works. If you have no luck again just cease all contact. Delete his numbers, block his profiles, do whatever it takes. It sounds harsh and should be considered a last resort if all else fails but if there's no other way for you to move on I would consider it if you had no luck. I've come close to that with my ex myself but as I am okay for now I'll still talk to him, though not so frequently.

Well I went a whole 5 days without messaging him until I did last night when I was a bit tipsy -_- All I said was heya hope your doing well and hope we can talk sometime soon Smile

At least it was not anything embarrassing haha. I ve considered even deleting my facebook but that is a little drastic. I am slowly stopping my visits to his profiles and it feels good... I maybe check it once in the morning and once at night... but really have started to do it less. It will take time and I need to move forward to look after myself.

Jay17 Wrote:This is my situation:

I'm really stuck with my situation. I met this guy and we got on great for months and had amazing times. Things went downhill when I lost my job and become needy on him I was fullon and lost my spark. He was moving and starting a new hectic job and didnt have time for me.

For weeks and weeks he was unsure what he wanted which frustrated me I would text long texts trying to win him back but when It didnt work I would send a nasty text to him. He would always respond its ok Mr just chill.

Eventually he wrote to me saying " I really like you I can't tell u how much I do but I know u want more than this and I can't give you that, Im not looking elsewhere or talking to other guys I don't have time. I'd still like to stay friends with u and know what your upto, Please dont forget about me"

I didn't want to lose him so I suggested being friends with benefits which I did once with him, I got a text the next day of him telling me he had a great night but me being a idiot went straight back in there asking for me.

Now the situation is worse I kept trying to win him back with these long texts and he's now said being friends is even a stretch but he said we'll see about being fuck buddies again. He said I put too much pressure on him and maybe I should go and meet other guys.

We haven't spoken for a few days now I've given him some space but I really do Like him and I know my mistakes but I have no idea how to fix it or even if he would except me back now? do u think i've ruined anything ever happening with him? or is there anything I can do now to win him back?

You know I believe both of our mistakes is thinking that we need to do something to win them back. What are we winning back anyways... someone who doesnt have the time for us? They can say they love us all they want... but actions speak louder than words.