Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can recommend...
OK, this summer we went to London and I wanted to see the Book Of Mormon (the Musical by the authors of South Park). It was hilarious, and we had laughter and tears watching this brilliant and very caustic production.
Hello!!

... and he believes!

Then as we came out, it was still daylight and I said to Marshlander: "Why don't we go and see that gay themed film I saw advertised in the tv guide? You know, the one in which there is Ben Whishaw, the openly gay actor who's been awarded BAFTAs and everything..." That would make it worthwhile. So we trundled off to the Barbican, the only cinema that seemed to be showing it at the time that suited us, and we went into the auditorium...
Of course, there were almost nothing but gay, or lesbian couples in there. The odd single person (straight???).

The film is Lilting, by Hong Khaou.

[Image: 104179.jpg]

[Image: Andrew-Leung-and-Been-Whi-025.jpg]
[Image: 104180.jpg]
The director of this fine film is of Cambodian extraction, and he's done a piece on loneliness, on estrangement, on immigration, on loss... The film studies what happens to a person when they lose their raison d'être (their reason for living) whether they live in an old people's home, or as a young professional man. A very warm, sensitive, and heartfelt movie, which I really recommend from this intuitive director who also did an interesting couple of short features previously.

[Image: Spring-slide.jpg?resize=600%2C300]
Spring

[Image: MV5BMTI3NTI3NjU5NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDA1...SY517_.jpg]
and Summer

More of this wonderful, delicate film.

watched the vids, very funny - did they ever get any protests about this stage show ? religious groups do love to picket, please to hear you both had a lovely time

Thanks PA...the trailer for the film looks very good...I will definitely watch it.

I always had an aversion to The Book of Mormom but I think I would be interested in seeing it maybe now...

Glad you and Marsh had a great time.

Thank you both, Matty and East (it IS nice to be back!! :biggrinSmile and no there was no anti-show picketting but inside a crowd of people who obviously knew what they were in for... Lots of applause and lots of laughter...and, in our cases, some crying too, at the sadness that religion (or any kind of organised lie scam) can still impact people's lives so negatively.

I have watched Lilting, it's a touching movie. Ben Whishaw is cool. He is gay in real life?

[Image: lilting-2014.png]

I did not know ben whishaw was gay, love him in perfume