Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can't cope with dogs
I feel bad saying it but I am beginning to detest dogs. I am homeless since graduating and have to couch surf between family, who all own them and I'm so sick of it. Not only am I allergic and my face swells up all the time, but they never listen to me even though they are apparently trained. Dogs just seem to naturally hate me and no one else for no reason. They bite my arms, luck my face (which is disgusting and makes me get a rash). They never listen to anything I say and they shit all over the house whenever I'm the only one home but never do for anyone else. Stupid smelly noisy animals and they make me ill and I'm expected to take them for walks who always run off with other dogs around the estates. It is driving me crazy. We eat pigs and somehow think dogs are better. Why? Don't know what to do now. My sisters dog has just shit all over my nieces room (she's 3). And he's toilet trained so I'm sure the little bastard did it on purpose just to get me in trouble. My mum's dog I grew up with and is very old and he's not as bad but very grumpy and impossible to take for walks also. I am so fed up of sneezing all the time and having red eyes. This is more of a rant than anything I was wondering if anyone had any tips to make living with them more bearable and how I can get their crap out of carpets?
Catsmileydwi'n jyst fachgen o cymru efo materion meddyliol yn byd meddyliolCatsmiley

Im sorry to hear about your financial situation and i hope for the best for you and your future. That being said..... I dont hate dogs and i hate when people go out of their way to do them harm, But im not a fan of them either. I hate dirty things and some of the shit they do is down right dirty and unclean in my eye so im not a fan of them at all.

But there are a few home remedies that are good at cleaning the shit up ( no pun intended) Good luck and keep those red eyes up
I am the angles that hold and surround you

I am the demon you're afraid to meet

I would never hurt them either but I can't see myself ever liking them again. I lived with mice shitting in my room in uni and now I feel I've just one swapped one dirty animal for another
Catsmileydwi'n jyst fachgen o cymru efo materion meddyliol yn byd meddyliolCatsmiley

supasyd Wrote:I would never hurt them either but I can't see myself ever liking them again. I lived with mice shitting in my room in uni and now I feel I've just one swapped one dirty animal for another

Hang in there! We all got to start somewhere, Just let this be your story you tell once you gained your success.
I am the angles that hold and surround you

I am the demon you're afraid to meet

Dogs nip at you to assert dominance. If you are in charge, that behaviour will stop. Not much you can do if the owners have poorly trained their dogs. If you walk a dog on leash it won't run off with other dogs. If you don't want a dog to crap in the house, take it out on a walk 15 minutes after you feed it. If you keep a dog's face away from yours, it can't lick your face. At least a dog licking you means it likes you, if that's any consolation.

Dogs are pretty compliant with assertive people who have treats. Punishment is not a good way to get a dog to do what you want. Withholding treats and attention for undesired behaviour works very quickly if you are the one in charge.

He won't touch his food when I'm there he only wants human food. I don't mind my mum's dog because he is a mix of the cleverest breeds and he understands most of what I say. He is intelligent to know why shitting all over a kids room is unacceptable. My sisters dog is such a little shit. He is either impossibly ridiculously stupid or deliberately trying to get me into trouble. Aaaah!

VirgoMasquerade Wrote:Im sorry to hear about your financial situation and i hope for the best for you and your future. That being said..... I dont hate dogs and i hate when people go out of their way to do them harm, But im not a fan of them either. I hate dirty things and some of the shit they do is down right dirty and unclean in my eye so im not a fan of them at all.

But there are a few home remedies that are good at cleaning the shit up ( no pun intended) Good luck and keep those red eyes up

Any form of animal abuse is bad, and if a person cannot cope mentally with having a pet then they should be giving them up so that the animal can go to a more loving home. Also dogs will look dirty to humans because their ways of cleaning themselves are so much different to what we have, before humanity started creating societies I'm pretty sure that we were very "dirty" compared to how we are seen today.

supasyd Wrote:I feel bad saying it but I am beginning to detest dogs. I am homeless since graduating and have to couch surf between family, who all own them and I'm so sick of it. Not only am I allergic and my face swells up all the time, but they never listen to me even though they are apparently trained. Dogs just seem to naturally hate me and no one else for no reason. They bite my arms, luck my face (which is disgusting and makes me get a rash). They never listen to anything I say and they shit all over the house whenever I'm the only one home but never do for anyone else. Stupid smelly noisy animals and they make me ill and I'm expected to take them for walks who always run off with other dogs around the estates. It is driving me crazy. We eat pigs and somehow think dogs are better. Why? Don't know what to do now. My sisters dog has just shit all over my nieces room (she's 3). And he's toilet trained so I'm sure the little bastard did it on purpose just to get me in trouble. My mum's dog I grew up with and is very old and he's not as bad but very grumpy and impossible to take for walks also. I am so fed up of sneezing all the time and having red eyes. This is more of a rant than anything I was wondering if anyone had any tips to make living with them more bearable and how I can get their crap out of carpets?

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, hopefully something good happens soon that will change everything for you. Are there no organisations in your area which could help or suggest what you could do?

Your family's dogs can't be trained properly if some of them are taking dumps inside of the house, take this from someone who has grown up with dogs his whole life. We only have one now but even when we had 3 we never had anyone get bit or nipped by them for any reason and the only time any dumps have happened inside is when the dogs have been ill. Dogs carry a pack mentality and it needs to be shown that you are placed higher then the dogs otherwise there are going to take advantage when its only you and them around but the family needs to enforce this as a whole.

Its a shame that your family does nothing to try and prevent allergic reactions from happening with yourself, I know for one our family has removed dogs from rooms where guests aren't comfortable with them. Maybe you need to sit down with them and have a serious discussion about how to keep the dogs from causing your reactions, your health is important and they need to see this.

Are they by chance those tiny breeds like Chihuahuas and the like? Those can behave childish, yes. Otherwise, what [MENTION=20941]Camfer[/MENTION] said.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Dogs I love. Ok the fur is a bit of an issue but regular bathing my dog when I lived with my parents helped mitigate some of the fur shedding. But now I dont want one purely because I like a clean house, I'm a bit OCD about it. But yeah haha. I hate the little bitchy breeds, I dont think I be able to show my face again if I was with a Yorkshire terrier or something. I prefer a manly dog. Like an Alsatian or a husky. I'll settle for a collie or a Labrador.