Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can't figure out if the guy I like is also Gay
Sanderson Wrote:Well sort of. I used to work with him for a while and finally we got to talking about going to a theme park, just the two of us and we spent the entire day together. He constantly found ways to bring up the idea of me having a wife which led me to wonder if he wanted me to come out to him. I'm not the most discreet of people so I would be surprised if he hasn't been questioning it. I just find it strange, even one of my other coworkers caught onto this and asked me if I was gay and if I was interested, I lied of course to them because I didn't want to cause work drama, but it showed that it was most likely sort of obvious. Now he has made other ideas for us to hang out. I'm just not sure if he just wants a friend and if he is actually straight or if he is gay, shy, and is interested but won't tell me. Is there any way in figuring this out? I really would prefer not asking him but if that is the only way then I guess eventually I will have to.

Sanderson, I'm on tenterhooks....
Wink

If you want to know why we like gossip...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04g8hr4

Well the easiest way to find out someone is gay is to come out to them. If they are interested, they will say " I'm gay too" or That's cool. However playing these guessing games only leads to drama. If that's what you want, then do nothing & experience nothing

I hate when that happens... no way to tell for sure, just keep investigating I guess. Not that I condone stalking, just like talk to him more.

Bluelight Wrote:I hate when that happens... no way to tell for sure, just keep investigating I guess. Not that I condone stalking, just like talk to him more.

You're right, BlueLight, the only real way is to connect, and keep connecting, until sparks fly.

Ralphie Wrote:Well the easiest way to find out someone is gay is to come out to them. If they are interested, they will say " I'm gay too" or That's cool. However playing these guessing games only leads to drama. If that's what you want, then do nothing & experience nothing

Indeed, my suggestion will often be for you to come clean about your own sexual orientation. It's much easier to tell someone you've just met than people who've known you all your life and who could have misconstrued who you really are. Your parents, your best friend, for example... Mind you, there is a mind set that gay people will do it with anyone, which is just as false as thinking that a straight guy will do it with any girl. As in all walks of life, if the guy is gay, he might just like you as a friend and never give romance a second thought.

Yeah, Sanderson, what I would do (and personally did in my situation like this) is come out and tell him that you are gay. Just be like, hey I want to tell you something. And then say it. But what you do is up to you and you will know the right response when the situation occurs.