Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can't split up with my boyfriend
i really don't believe that love can fade. to me, when you talk about love, this is something (and not just a feeling) that two souls connect with. and it is always there. the word love nowadays is totally underrated. that's why a lot of couples or partners tell you "i love you" just for the sake of telling it to you. love is genuine and everlasting. that's the truth. wheter it be love for GOD, romantic love, love for family. you can't say it just suddenly went away or vanished cause it doesn't. the fact that it was gone suggests that it's not love in the first place.

No one should confuse love from mere affection. cause the latter is just short-term, while the former is in it for the long run.

But you would agree that love can grow, right? If something can grow, it can also wither. Love, like any growing thing, needs nourishment if it is to live out its full span.

Love for "god" ... hmm, I've held off on making comments about your beliefs so far, but since you make have presented several similar statements as assertions in your few days here ... If you are referring to god as a being or an entity you can only be referring to love for a concept, since the Christian god to which you refer has not deigned to manifest itself in the manner of any provable phenomenon. That's why believers have faith; they can never know (in the generally accepted meaning of the word). The only so-called proof has come from other people who claim to have seen, heard or felt his presence and subsequently are incapable of providing evidence. What happens if you finally realise that there has never been such a being and that consequently there could have been no basis for the love you claim to have held? Does that mean you never loved? Or is love a delusional state that can help you overcome all evidence of reality?

For me, for love to have some substance and reality, it ought to be able to grow and also, sometimes, to die.

a love that dies is just a mere excuse for people who tend to found someone better than their current partners. indeed, i do agree that love is growing. but it doesn't necessarily mean it will die too. love is not a growing/living thing. it is more than that. it's that very selfless act that you care for someone and that you wanted to be there, no matter what, to that person you cared a lot. and saying that it dies is just the same as saying, i don't love you cause you're not handsome anymore, or aren't rich anymore, or have not lived up to one of my standards as opposed to when i met you...which is wrong....

as of matters in terms of love for GOD, people want to cling on something/someone that will strengthen them in all struggles they encounter in life. it's never wrong to believe in a supreme being that you have faith in, and believed who watches over you and protects you, cause in today's modern world where we are all full of chaos and hardships, it's a rare luxury that we deserve to get thru with our everyday struggles. i hope everyone knows how faith to God can do a lot.

You can split up with your boyfriend in a nice way. Tell him what you really feel. That's it.