Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can't talk to cute guys...
Ok... My friends are trying to set me up with someone. I don't really know him but they think we'd be a good match. They want me to talk to him tho. That's where my problems begin! I get what everyone calls my "shy-face." it's where my face freezes into a smile and my eyes just glance down. I look cute but I can't talk to anyone. I need advice on what to say or to get past this

Treat it as meeting someone elses friend. Not a set up.
If you think of it as just going out with a friend or friends, then it might not be so scary.

Either that, or ask the friends setting you up if they would stay for a while until you get comfortable around him.

VNight2014 Wrote:Ok... My friends are trying to set me up with someone. I don't really know him but they think we'd be a good match. They want me to talk to him tho. That's where my problems begin! I get what everyone calls my "shy-face." it's where my face freezes into a smile and my eyes just glance down. I look cute but I can't talk to anyone. I need advice on what to say or to get past this

Modest much? Lol

I can talk to anyone, even If I'm crushing on them, it's just who I am, they aren't gods, nor are they paying my rent.

Not to say I don't get all blushey and stuffs :3, but it shouldn't be so hard to talk to someone, especially if you like them.

Yeah... I can't help it. I blush and smile and get all shy. I can't speak. It's so weird. All the girls say it looks adorable. He likes chocolate...that's all I really know about him...

Im kinda that way too. If I really think I like a guy Im looking at, I just cant say anything to him.
Its ok if I am introduced, but I cant be the one initiating conversation.

Now if he's just a random guy standing around, and Im bored, I will start yacking and never shut the hell up.

But if I think he's interesting......I sit with my mouth shut and my eyes glued to him.

Yeah... That's so me. I'll try to have my friends nearby

It's normal.

Smile

You just need some confidence. And confidence comes with experience. Just take small steps so you don't overwhelm yourself.

Hang out in a group (double date!) to take the pressure of yourself.

He'll be nervous too.

Good luck.

Well, first I need to talk with him to go on a date

VNight2014 Wrote:Well, first I need to talk with him to go on a date

Yeah, but like I said, use your friends. Keep it social and casual and low key.

Maybe someone in the group might suggest grabbing a dessert or coffee somewhere together and you all agree and go out like friends do.

Enjoy everyone's company, and later, after the coffee (or whatever) then you make your move and ask him out "one-on-one".

That way you kinda ease into it. See?

Smile

Know sign language? You can pretend to be a mute around him....

This is one of those Nike things - just do it... yeah I know its hard, but you gotta start somewhere and yes you are going to look foolish no matter what happens, accept it, become one with it.... :tongue: Deep breath, you are one with the foolishness... Better?

Late bloomer made a good suggestion, try a double date or something along those lines, hopefully with one of your friends who already knows you are 'shy' and will guide the conversations you all have as a group.