Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I confessed
I confessed to my father, about the cuts and suicidal thoughts. A long heart to heart talk doesn't come without its consequences though, he wouldn't stop saying that it's okay if I'm gay. I believe he has a strong suspicion that I am :/ but I am now going back to therapy and even worse, he's talking and thinking about committing me to a psychiatric ward Sad which I believe it might not be a bad idea given my thoughts most days. He's also been asking me if we should go and do it every day when he gets home. I would probably do it but I don't want to risk child services getting involved because I don't want to be taken from my dad. Why I think that would happen is because of our situation, I wasn't allowing him to help in anyway, that they might think he was neglecting me emotionally.

Sweetheart I am so very proud of you.
What you did , took guts , I am glad your father is going to help.

Bighug baby.

Aw Sad Do whatever you have to kiddo... No one here will judge you and no one out there should either. You're loved <3 Just stay strong and make it through this.

Well done, I'm so proud you opened up and I am just so happy that your father is there for you.

I wouldn't worry about child services, just from what you wrote in those few short sentences, even we can tell how much your father loves you and how far he is prepared to go to help you.

Just make sure you keep us updated as some of us feel rather involved and have come to care for you very much Wink

SadSilence Wrote:I confessed to my father, about the cuts and suicidal thoughts. A long heart to heart talk doesn't come without its consequences though, he wouldn't stop saying that it's okay if I'm gay. I believe he has a strong suspicion that I am :/ but I am now going back to therapy and even worse, he's talking and thinking about committing me to a psychiatric ward Sad which I believe it might not be a bad idea given my thoughts most days. He's also been asking me if we should go and do it every day when he gets home. I would probably do it but I don't want to risk child services getting involved because I don't want to be taken from my dad. Why I think that would happen is because of our situation, I wasn't allowing him to help in anyway, that they might think he was neglecting me emotionally.

SadSilence, I am so proud of you and so happy that it went so well with your father Bighug

"he wouldn't stop saying that it's okay if I'm gay. I believe he has a strong suspicion that I am :/ "

Isn't that a good thing? Maybe you should tell him the thruth, it may help you to get rid of another thing that you are keeping for yourself and hiding from him.

I am SO, SO VERY MUCH proud of you. I know how hard it is. I never came even close to admitting that I may need a professional help. Bighug

dfiant Wrote:Just make sure you keep us updated as some of us feel rather involved and have come to care for you very much Wink

I just wanted to repeat that to make sure you got the message. Bighug

Having you committed should be done under a trained professionals advice. Long ago they felt that a person healed faster/better in hospital/institutions, today we know better - thus so many health issues both physical and emotional/mental result in at home care/recovery.

Getting the help you need now at age 15 is only half the battle. The other have is you are going to have to work it, work with the therapist and try to figure it all out.

Its good your dad is supportive. I think he is trying to show you that he is willing to do anything - anything at all, to be your 110% parent.

I know it mayn't feel like it, but everything will get better. Things change - constantly. Its good you are willing to get the help and are making these positive steps, this will insure positive change.

I want to give you a great big hug! You are wise for talking about your depression with your parents. The most important thing in the world for you right now should be getting better. I know school is an issue, please, don't worry about it. In the long scheme of things you will be so much better off if you just focus on getting well than worrying about juggling school, society, and your depression. There have been times that my psychiatrist told me to go to the hospital if I ever felt like I wanted to hurt myself. I am going to recommend the same thing to you. They can fix things very quickly for you. If school and other things are stressing you out, maybe it is good to get away for a few days and just focus on getting better. Hospital stays because of depression are not weeks at a time anymore. They are three days tops so you can get back to your family and friends asap. If you are ever afraid that you are going to hurt yourself, please, go to a hospital, call your parents, and focus on getting better. This is your No. 1 priority.

With love and hope,

-Rob

God bless

Good job mate Smile Everyone here on GS is proud of you, speaking openly takes guts... Frankly you got more guts then me, none still knows about my suicidal attempts or even that I felt sad.

Your father seems very accepting, maybe you should come out to him when the timing is right Smile Just take your time.
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

youre lucky to have a nice father