Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I desperately need to come out!
Hello,
Coming out isnt easy in school years i waited til i left then i was dealing with adults but to be honest if u choose to go do it then tell those closest to you first to gain respect and only thing is its two words that count... Im Gay... Dont hesistate just put all cards on table and them breathe x

I waited until I was 27,it doesn't get any easier

It is the best thing you could do for yourself

Why make it so complicated?

You'll know it from the heart, when the moment comes, and the right person with the right attitude is in front of you. It's that simple.

You should definitely consider everything everyone has said here. There is a lot of experience on this site.

One thing I'd like to mention, only because there was just a similar situation on a different thread, High School is probably the worst place to come out. Not because you have a right to be you, but because so many "straight" people (I use it loosely) are trying to "fit in". To what, they have no idea.

You see, what makes you different and unique is that you know who you are. You pretend ti "fit in" because of the intolerance around you. The people around you now have no clue that they don't and never will "fit in" because that's NOT what life is about. Some of them must be doctors, some of them must be garbage men, etc. And none of them are any better or any worst than the other. But they don't know that yet.

Best wishes!! Wink

I really like TLC's answer about people not really knowing what they're trying to fit in when they are adolescents, it's really very true. How many university students, even, know what they want to do with their lives (professionally? emotionally? financially? socially?) let alone high school students? They're probably even having a hard time settling on these or those studies to pursue... So very true, TLC. At least, GreekGuy, you'll know where your heart (and dick) are headed in your social and emotional, maybe also family life. Confusedmile:

I didn't come out much later. it wasn't much about coming out but being clear about it and creating rules for the way i needed to be treated.

A few of my friends came out slowly to a few close relatives and friends and then opened up as they went along. You don't need to hide by pretending to date girls but you can just be yourself and slowly embrace and explore the gay lifestyle and choose which path you want to take.

The worst way to do things is to simply drop one big coming out bomb to a crowd of people.

“Burst down those closet doors once and for all, and stand up and start to fight.”
― Harvey Milk

Thanks everybody! It means alot! I will definently take in everything all you have told me. (:

Greek Guy,
As you've seen and acknowledged, there's some great advice given above, but I'll add my 2p anyway.

You've already come out to the most important person in your life - YOU.