Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I do not like toppers
People who try to top your story, I hate it. For example, if I say I got a fever, they will say I had a fever, broke my leg, and had to run 3 miles. Its very annoying. Its like that's all they do is try to top people's story and than make other people feel bad for them. I had a class mate like that, and at one point it made another student so angry she walk out of class with her middle fingers up in the air. She told the class that she had 3 strokes last night... What am I supposed to say to people like that? Am I just supposed to act like I care, ignore their story totally, or walk out with my middle fingers in the air?

I think we all have some 'toppers' in our lives.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

The funniest topper

Speaking of toppers from the other end of the spectrum...I stop myself from sharing maybe 1/3 of my actual responses online because it would involve that and in 3-D world I simply keep my mouth shut about it even when someone asks so I don't do that to someone....

I was never a shut in...I went out everyday and did stuff and participated heavily in my own life so I naturally have a lot of experiences but I hold back so it doesn't sound like I am trying to one up someone...I have been accused of it before.

I worry about this sometimes. I share pieces of my life in order to let people know where I'm coming from or that I understand where they're coming from. I think sometimes that's important. But... Yeah. Sometimes I worry that I share too much and come off as a "topper". I hope not.

I also worry about it. Since, like you, I've had a lot of terrifying experiences, I worry that people will think my genuine sharing might come off as "topping", so much of the time I just keep quiet.

Well, to the one who says she had three strokes the night before, you should have said, "Too bad. Four might have gotten you off."

The real pont being that they are only 'toppers' if you treat them as such. Take away the punch and the person will deflate and eventually change behavior.
I bid NO Trump!

Story toppers, drama queens Dramaqueen, all the same...

Well, I'm a bigger topper than all of you, SO THERE!

[Image: tumblr_mq0tziqoUs1spr6wyo1_500.gif]

this has never bothered me. i don't think it even registers with me when somebody does that. i didn't even know it was considered a thing...lols.