Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hate being gay
Hello there,
Sorry to hear about your experiences at school.. The problem is children are the worst out the lot and can be quite bitter about things especially as teenagers trust me we were all one once.... The fact that everyone knows dont look at it like a bad thing look at it like a positive... His betrayal in telling the school means you dont need to bother doing all that and saves you a job... With regards to self harming this is something you need to kind of take control because as a ex self harmer or recovering self harmer however you want to see it I learnt during my years that it can be quite addictive and a new trait that is learnt as a way of coping... Self harming is nothing to be ashamed of and to be honest unless someone has done it they never understand why people do it.. In your life you have plenty of control and plenty of ways to make it go how you choose to allow it to go... Dont allow these shallow minded people to put you off who you are because they cant accept their own indivudual sexualities and as a result have to pry on someone who has accepted themselves and is happy within themselves...
I think the best thing to do when coming out to a parent or parents depending on circumstances is have a chat face to face... Which one do you feel you are closer to?? As for me when i came out i told my mother because my father wasnt really much of a father and it was alright in the end.. As long as you remain calm when coming out it is something that will go alright plus you dcan always say mum can I have a chat please... When she says sure whats up or of course you can then say there is something i have realised in life that I feel you should know so i can lead a future of truth and that is that im gay... Dont cause hesistation sit there confidently and calm and if she wants to ask any questions she is intitiled to because thats what mothers do best... A lot of gay men worry about telling family throughy fear of rejection however i would say in todays society that most people accept people for who they are inside not what they are outside...
With regards to the hetrosexual friend if he hasnt got an issue why not confide in him and tell him that you see him as a good friend and feel he is one who is trustworthy... He sounds like he will support you as a friend should do so dont hesistate or worry and dont allow small minded yobs to make u feel like you have to hate yourself because of their own insecurities

Kindest regards

Zeon x

sorry ur mate let u down m8, telling people is the hardest bit but u had the guts to do it it so dont be so hard on yourself , easy for me to say dont self harm but if u feel thats ur only outlet then thats what ur gonna do - do something for yourself though and look up help groups for people who harm themselves , there are many and they will guide u in private mate, congrats on coming out and lets hope the negative stuff is just short term

I agree zeon. Children are the harshest, cruelest bunch to be around.

I have to say, being gay can be tough but its who you are.
Self harm though, can be changed.

I am more worried that your cutting become a habit and an addiction in a way.

I realize that your dilemma with your sexuality and coming out etc can be what is making your cutting worse, but its something you may want to seek help for.

You being gay, on the other hand, is not information that needs to be shared with your parents right away if you dont feel like it.

Everyone has their own pace, so dont rush!

Hi SC,

I feel for you , really I do , but there is nothing you can do about your sexual orientation.
It is not a conscience decision.

The sooner you learn to accept yourself , the sooner the guilt will leave.

Self acceptance is the key to a free mind, and a loving heart.

Take care sweetie.
Bighug

We are all here for you.

Hey, sc4456. I missed your original post and I'm just catching up. How are you doing? Are things any better? Don't hesitate to talk to us.