Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't think its necessary yet
I'm not out to my family yet but to be really honest I don't think I would have it rough. I have a small family just my bro, mom and grandma. Sad really but my mom once said she would not care if either of us (me & my bro) turned out gay and would love us just as much. As for my brother, he found out I post on gay forums and told me he doesn't care. But as right now, I have no means for a relationship with guys, just having friends is enough. But when I start to have a relationship then I know I might have it easy. It's my grandma is all I see any worry shes a christian. Anyways just wanted to post my situation :3

It sounds like your content enough.
Dont let anyone make you come out, you have to want, need to.

something along the lines that you find someone. Than the house hold you have around you becomes more important and something you want to share with another person. You will want to be more out to people than maybe.

Grand mothers excluded, people close to you most likely already know. If that is the case you know they cant be more supportive if they suspect you are hiding, on the edge of revealing stuff.

There is no unwritten spoken law that says you must come out.

Relax , do things at your own pace , don't let anyone guilt you into things you are not ready to do.

well i suppose your grandma will hear it first off your brother or mother and she will see they still love u the same - im sure she will too. religion doesnt mean u have to hate, lots of people have religion as a comfort but dont follow all the rules....u have an a loving family mate, let her know when u think its best for u both

As others have mentioned in their posts, come out when you are ready. You don't need to force yourself to come out when you are not ready.

Take your time. Leave the closet when the right time comes.

scraps345 Wrote:I'm not out to my family yet but to be really honest I don't think I would have it rough. I have a small family just my bro, mom and grandma. Sad really but my mom once said she would not care if either of us (me & my bro) turned out gay and would love us just as much. As for my brother, he found out I post on gay forums and told me he doesn't care. But as right now, I have no means for a relationship with guys, just having friends is enough. But when I start to have a relationship then I know I might have it easy. It's my grandma is all I see any worry shes a christian. Anyways just wanted to post my situation :3

No need to hurry come out when you want i mean your mum may already know your gay but to be honest it wont be that bad... As for ya nan she will possibly understand

I agree. You just come out when the time is right, no need to do so now Smile

scraps345 Wrote:As for my brother, he found out I post on gay forums and told me he doesn't care.

Seems like you already have one foot out the Door :p

And like others have siad, there's no pressure, unless its internal of course Big Grin

yeah as others say, you should do it when you feel it's right! all th best